Sledgstone

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Is anyone here playing this game? I got it for PS3 because I have brother and 2 other friends playing it. That and I wanted to play the zombie mode. I think Battlefield 3 is a superior game tho. There is hardly any recoil to these guns, the aim assist seems very generous and I've killed quite a few ppl with nothing but leg shots. :P Overall tho, it seems pretty fun for quick matches and Kill Confirmed is a nice change to the classic Team death match.

*edited*

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Yeah leg shots, ugh. Ive heard its better than MW3 and might be the best in a while, but Im not giving my money to activition anymore. MW1 was an amazing game and I wish it still was... but sadly as far as console goes, they seem to make sure you need to buy a newer game because they stop supporting the older ones, Rampant hacking and cheating makes MW1 unplayable now. It was a lot more balanced, and the maps were the best to date. Only 3-5-7 kill streaks that weren't very powerful. Once the kill streaks got too extravagant the game kind of lost its luster.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Actually they changed teh way killstreaks are...they are scorestreaks now so if you are normally an objective player like Domination taking points and defending such rack up your streaks. Balanced out the playing field a LOT specially I enjoy the objective type games more and am not a tweaker/quickscoper/aimbotter :P

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I ended up getting it for Christmas. My observations so far:

Maps:

I like Drone, Hijacked, and Carrier, the rest are meh... Meltdown looks like they took Launch from BO1, cut the top off the silo, and filled it in with concrete.

Weapons:

I like how the assault rifles are king again. the SWAT-556 is as close to MW1's M16 as you can get, the FAL is awesome too... the SMGs aren't that great outside of the Skorpion EVO. I like the LSAT LMG... sniper rifles are insanely overpowered, and I hate that quick scoping is back. Luckily, Kill Confirmed tends to weed out those type of players.

Scorestreaks:
Meh... I'm mixed on this. I like how they are watered down, and its really hard to get into the higher streaks... the score thing was a good idea but It gets kinda silly when most things are based in 100s and 50s, and you have perks like hardline that reduces it to odd numbers in between that, and score streaks that also meet in between. I can't complain too much, I like how kill streaks aren't insanely overpowered and gun play is more vital.

Perks:
Thank god no pro-perks. Camping with ghost still making you pop up on UVA is the best idea in COD history. Hardline leaves much to be desired even though I never really used it in previous games. The main thing I like is that normal abilities haven't been hampered to make you rely on perks for basic functionality like MW3 tried to do. You ADS and reload at respectable rates, but sprinting has been handicapped pretty badly to where extreme conditioning isn't much of an improvement.

Create A Class
I respect the attempt at something new. I like it, but i still think it has its shortcomings. I hate having to give up a pistol for an attachment on my primary. They've took a lot of cues from BF3 in this aspect, but added their own twist to it. While you can have up to any 3 attachments you want (as opposed to 3 attachments limited between 3 categories in BF3), it will cost you in other areas. Its neat that you don't even have to use perks, but I tend to take the cheap way out and remove my non-lethal grenades.

Unlock Tokens:
This is a disappointment. This is a step back from the money system IMO. Unlock tokens give you a choice to unlock what you want, but unlike in Black Ops 1, you still have to rank up to unlock weapons... to unlock. I liked the freedom to buy what ever I liked from the start in the previous game. It doesn't bother me that you have to rank up to unlock weapons traditionally, it just seems silly to rank up to unlock locked weapons. Permanent unlock tokens are the only neat thing about this system.

Wildcards: Now this is pretty cool. I do like using more than 1 perk in a tier. The greed cards are what ill end up using mostly, the others are sorta recycled perks that didn't belong as perks in previous games, but fit nicely at wildcards.

All in all, its not a terrible game. Its definitely not as inexcusably horrid as MW3 was, but not as great as MW1 was. I like that Treyarch tried something new, maybe they is hope for the COD series in the future.

Hijacked is the best map in the game from what I've seen.

btw, the LSAT sucks ass in bf3. I'll have to try it on black ops 2.

Permanent unlock tokens? I haven't even seen that yet. I need to put some more time into the game.

What is your favorite scope so far? I'm liking the Target Finder. It makes me feel a bit like I'm cheating, but its a fun scope to use. :P

I like the target finder for people that like to sit in windows and spam that damn semi-auto sniper rifle thats overpowered. I want the millimeter scanner (MMS). I used it in the solo campaign and it was pretty wild.

Permanent unlock tokens are for prestige mode. When you prestige you should get 1 token to use on something to unlock forever so you dont have to unlock it next time around.

The LSAT is pretty decent in BF3 :P

Oh! I haven't prestiged a single time yet. I only have about 9 hours into the multiplayer so far and I never played the campaign yet. ^_^;

The LSAT is horrible unless its on a bipod. I swear I only get kills with that gun when it is on a bipod. I was using the LSAT a lot the last couple TDMs I've played on bf3 and there have been multiple times where i would shoot a guy with 10 bullets and it doesn't kill him, only to see him point a f2000 at me and do one burst shot and I'm dead. On a bipod tho, that gun has some decent range. But if I'm going for long range machine gun kills the PKP Pecheneg is better.

Btw, do you know if black ops 2 has the MG36? I love that machine gun on bf3.

Its not as of right now, but if they are adding weapons with DLC, who knows? There are only 4 LMGs in the game, so I'd imagine they'd release some more.

MG36 is a beast in BF3, but BF3 goes for realism, while COD makes an "attempt" at balance. Guns don't always translate from game to game. For instance the F2000 in MW2 was a pile of garbage. It fired just as fast but had the range of a shotgun. You'll probably never see the Vector in BF3, becasue if they made it legit in COD, that's all anyone would ever use. The Vector, aka KRISS Super V, is a SMG that fires .45ACP with virtually no recoil. .45 is a massive round and would kill anything in 1-2 rounds... yet in game it feels like you're shooting .22 or .380 out of it.

I see you're problem now with the LSAT. I never play TDM in BF3, I play only Rush, CQD, and Conquest. I tend to stay away from LMGs altogether on any CQC map, I generally use them on Rush for suppressing fire on a bomb site. But if I do use them, its normally the MG36 or the QBB-95. (Oddly enough I started using the QBB-LSW in black ops and like it more than the LSAT)

I don't like the PKP Pecheneg, its not that its bad, but it definitely was not an upgrade over the M249 IMO. I ended up sticking with that until the QBB-95 was released.

Wow, the vector sounds like a beefed up tommy gun! i'll have to look it up later.

I can see the LSAT being useful on an objective based game. I've killed quite a few ppl with smgs while playing rush. The LSAT is horrible on CQD, with nowhere to really bipod its a pain in the ass. As for the Pecheneg, it probably sucks, but I got used to it because of the assignment for it. With an extended mag, it can shred thru ppl, even on close quarters.

Its like the SKS sniper rifle. I thought it was horrible at first until I started getting the 100 kills for it's assignment. Turns out if you put a laser sight on it and run around the close quarters maps shooting from the hip as fast as your finger can fire, it is beastly.

Ah, I have the foregrip for the LSAT and M249 which makes it like having a bipod at all times, the Pecheneg's damage leaves much to be desired for me. The QBB-95 handles like an assault rifle with LMG mag capacity. It's probably the most versitle firearm in the game. It reminds me a lot of the AUG H-BAR in MW2.

I've turned to using the overkill wildcard on Black Ops II. I use the PDW and Remington 870 along with fast hands to swap them out from outdoor to indoor. The 870 is a one shot kill at close to semi-mid range. Everyone is a SMG whore it seems and assault rifles just don't cut it on maps that have a lot of indoor locations.

Ah, I have the foregrip for the LSAT and M249 which makes it like having a bipod at all times, the Pecheneg's damage leaves much to be desired for me. The QBB-95 handles like an assault rifle with LMG mag capacity. It's probably the most versitle firearm in the game. It reminds me a lot of the AUG H-BAR in MW2.

I've turned to using the overkill wildcard on Black Ops II. I use the PDW and Remington 870 along with fast hands to swap them out from outdoor to indoor. The 870 is a one shot kill at close to semi-mid range. Everyone is a SMG whore it seems and assault rifles just don't cut it on maps that have a lot of indoor locations.

I haven't used a foregrip on smgs for a while now. Probably because one of the previous patches really screwed up recoil with them for certain smgs. I should definitely try them out again because it should be working fine now. I've been so focused on engineer and recon, I haven't given support as much play time.

I need to look up good builds for black ops 2. I'm still getting a good feel for the different guns. And I didn't realize there were so few available guns of every type. I've been holding onto my unlock tokens waiting for a gun I recognize to show up to unlock. I guess I should be unlocking every gun and trying them all out.

How are you liking the crossbow or tomahawk? I like the one hit kill they do, but I can't hit anything with the tomahawk. And I'm using the crossbow as a shotgun for when I enter rooms because the explosive splash damage when shooting from a distance doesn't seem to do much unless you get that direct hit on enemies. The crossbow almost seems pointless to me compared to having a shotgun or just leaving off a secondary for more perks.

I don't use any of those things. The crossbow is just a cheap way to get a kill, most of the time you will be killed as soon as you stick someone. I use EMP grenades. They take out sentry guns, and other equipment, and you get good points for doing it.

I run with 3 main classes depending on the map.

Medium/Large Maps
Primary: QBB LSW with EOTech optic and foregrip
Secondary: B23R with no attachments

Perk 1: Lightweight
Perk 2: Coldblooded
Perk 3: Dexterity + Engineer (Greed 3 wildcard)
Lethal: Bouncing Betty
Tactical: None

Once I get FMJ's will probalby drop Greed 3 and use Primary Gunfighter use it with the EOTech and foregrip

Small Maps/Indoor
Primary: R870 MCS with Long Barrel
Secondary: PDW-57 with no attachments (overkill wildcard)

Perk 1: Lightweight
Perk 2: Fast Hands
Perk 3: Engineer
Lethal: Semtex
Tactical: 1 EMP grenade

Large Maps/Medium wide open
Primary: FAL OSW with Quickdraw and Foregrip
Secondary: B23R with no attachments

Perk 1: Hardline
Perk 2: Cold Blooded
Perk 3: Engineer
Lethal: Bouncing Betty
Tactical: 1 EMP grenade

The FAL is a good gun if you can deal with semi-auto until you get selective fire. 3 shots in the chest should put anyone down. If you're fast on the trigger, I recommend it due to its high damage per shot. I was the suppressor king in previous CODs, but for some reason it seems to significantly reduce damage in this game. In previous games it was just range and accuracy. Once I unlock Ghost and get full auto for the FAL I will be running it with a suppressor and probably use a greed wildcard to have Blind Eye, Cold Blooded, and Ghost all at once. The FAL has one of the best iron sights I've seen. I am waiting on the SCAR though, so I may have a change of heart when I unlock it.  The B23R is by far one of the better secondaries. I haven't used the full auto pistol yet, and the revolver sucks flat out.

Oh and the Vector:

Nice classes, I'll have to try those setups. I've been mostly running with lightweight and hardline. I hardly ever get my third scorestreak, which I usually have set for lightening strike. I don't even see why people would even use the higher streaks because of the unlikely hood of actually getting the points needed in one life.

What score streaks do you usually use?

Wow.. impressive gun and an even more impressive design to compensate for the recoil. And for comparison:

Imagine unloading a clip of 10 or 30 into a group of ppl. If those bullets hit bones or heads there is going to be a mess. O_O

Higher Scorestreaks are rare in TDM. You'd have to get them out of a care package, the match doesnt last long enough, and I think they intended it to be that way. There was nothing worse than getting spawn killed by an AC130, Chopper Gunner, Pavelow, back to back to back when some dolt on your team decides to keep running into the same room where someone is camping. I'm not a good streak person. I play with a lot of aggression and recklessness. I'll pull a 5-7 streak every now in then, but its normally 2-3 before I get killed. I run UAV, RC- XD, Hellfire Missile. As I learned today, you cant store these. In previous games, these bonuses were based on kills alone, and once you hit your 3rd streak, it wouldn't reset until you died. In this game They keep cycling as long as you stay alive, but if you don't use them before you get another one, its lost. You might want to try UAV and RC- XD, they are 50 points apart and you can get them both instantaneously If you get 4 kills with some assist points in there some where. Or even UAV assist points could push you into RC- XD

I just found out that the Chicom CQB SMG is a BEAST. Unlock that one and check it out. Its burst fire, but it shoots out a lot per burst. It kills in 2 bursts on anyone with full health. The suppressor doesn't seem to take a noticeable amount of damage away from it either. I swapped out the PDW for it on my shotgun class, and now I have found my favorite class to run.

Next time you play on Standoff try the R870. I ran around the perimeter on Standoff annihilating all the camping snipers up in the houses and buildings. I ended up 15-3. I would have gotten more but I wasted a UAV and RC- XD not knowing yet that they didn't store if you didn't die.

EDIT: LOL!! You cant type -x-d- not even in lowercase! XD xd XD xd!

lol. I usually run with UAV, care package and lightening strike. I've tried the RC-XD and I suck with it. Half the time it just blows up before I find someone with it or somebody kills my body while I drive it around.

btw, check out this rc-XD fail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mCSNnEiB0

Wow.. I guess I should change the smilie code to something else. hmm.

Yeah I've seen that XD. The RC-X/D is weird since you use the joysticks to drive... Thanks to my friend finding out first. I've never blown myself up with one seeing as all traditional racers use the trigger buttons for acceleration.

Here is a video... COD's uploader blows so the sound is way off.

Another thing is that COD's controller sensitivity is very low by default.... even lower than previous games or they just use a different scare. I turned mine up a few notches.. that might help you a bit if you haven't already. I have similar stick sensitivity for BF3.. I think I run on 6 on COD and 8 on BF. I can't do the super high sensitivities like a lot of those "pro players", but I check corners while ADS quite a bit, so I need the faster motion in that aspect.

I forgot to mention If you have anything less than a full green connection, avoid the FAL! XD Its a monster, but any hint of lag will screw you so bad vs. any SMG. Its like that for the SWAT-556 too. Any semi auto-fire tends to be at a huge disadvantage with a mediocre connection. Surprisingly I'm rarely ever in the yellow in this game. The R870 is a different story. One of my kills on that video is a full blown lag kill at around 45 seconds. The dude was clearly to the left of me running the opposite direction when I fired off a shot and he still died. If we would have had a good host, I would have missed and who knows what would have happened.... its whoever turns around the quickest. lol

I usually use the FAL on Slums, Raid, Yemen, Meltdown and sometimes Hijacked. When people get to camp happy on the upper levels of Hijacked, I break out the LMG with FMJs and shoot the walls up. Slums is the perfect map because everyone camps in that freaking room next to the circular courtyard. I'll toss a betty on one side of the vehicle that is sitting on an alleyway and prone on the other side of it for a bit because someone is always going to pop their head out of the opening.

With sniper rifles thats ALWAYS been the case since MW2... its absurd when you watch the air bleed next to the body. I wish they'd fix that. The poor hit detection is what fuels no scoping.

Another R870 run on Standoff

R870/Chicom CQB on Drone - I took 3 kills out because they were lag kills. lol

FAL Target finder fun.

I have a better FAL video I'll upload later. Hopefully the audio will stay synced. It seems when you go over 1:15, everyone has been having issues with audio.