Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

kiddie books

I was a reader as a kid. As soon as I could read I did and a lot. There were some books I read over and over Charlotte's Web was a super favorite. I liked the Ramona and Henry books, the Narnia Chronicles, Wrinkle in Time (haven't watched the movie they made for it yet) Boxcar Children series. The best books I read for elementary school were Island of the Blue Dolphins and Where the Red Fern Grows. I liked Sounder too. Mr Rabideau had us reading some sad shit yo :P

Now that we're all apparently older then dirt and are doing the fam thing starting the fam thing have friends doing the fam thing I just figured I'd kick that literature out there, its great stuff from a lil girl's perspective :P

anybody read any of that and add yer faves

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Holy crap, I thought I was the only one that read the Boxcar Children! o.@ No one else I know remembers it.

But yeah, read all of those. Also read a lot of Nancy Drew books. Used to love that series! There was also a series I read about a family with 10 kids that used to solve minor crimes. Something that started with an H and came red covers. ><

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Spent a lot of time reading as a child but hell if I remember most of what I read though I was a fan of the Boxcar Children, a huge fan of Goosebumps (yes I loved these books as a child), and a friend of mine got me into Dinotopia (though where I left off reading them I forgot so long ago, haven't touched them since 5th/6th grade).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I see and hear of a lot of pre-10 year olds read the new 50 Shades Of Grey series. Few years ago, Twilight was massive. Few year prior to that, Potter was. How times have changed ... I began reading Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Sherlock Holmes and a bunch of detective books as a kid.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

remember the make yer own ending books? Open the door turn to pg 23, run like hell page 32 lol

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

i cried reading where the red fern grows omfg...

when i was a kid i read everything i could get my hands on (i wasn't allowed to nap during nap time at school because i wouldn't sleep at night afterwards so they always stuck me in the "book nook"). my mom would read Little Women to me before bed sometimes too. i read a lot of nancy drew and any book on animals i could find. also there were a slew of berenstain bears books.

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

remember the make yer own ending books? Open the door turn to pg 23, run like hell page 32 lol

I'd get bored and read them page by page like normal books. You'd get some freaky stories taht way! XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg