Sign in to follow this  
slippers

Should I get a cat?

After giving away my cat about 10+ yrs ago haven't stopped thinking about him ever since..not the most affectionate cat and hated cuddling/hugging but still.. And my new job will take most of my time and I don't think I will be able to take care of it other then petting and giving food time to time. But I would like to get a kitten..or adopt a cat. What should I do? No one would be around the house for at least 9+ hrs or so so I don't know. And I heard if a cat wants attention and not get it, it would pee on anything so I'm little worried about that too (my cat once peed in a box where most of my Super Nintendo games were)..and foul odor from its litter box etc.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

un altered male cats will spray (horrrrrrrrrrible smell) to mark territory. that smell is wicked hard to get rid of. better off throwing shit away >.<

a female might be better if ya don't wanna worry about that sort of thing. she would be fine home alone for all day or even days as long as she has kibbles and water. you'll get all the lovins when ya get home :)

you can do a shelter rescue or you can check craigslist and the paper for people rehoming cats or kittens. you might be able to get one already fixed on the cheap.

We had a litter box with a hood for their privacy and to contain turd smell lol. there is scented cat litter and litter freshening powders that can help with oder too.

Do you remember our cat with three legs? Ditto is still with us :)

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Eee that's gross. I prefer female cats anyway lol

Only pet store here I know is at the mall but they sell kittens at $300-400. O_O; Petsmart gives away cats for adoptions but I'm still thinking about it. Some of them have been returned so something might be wrong with them. Plus my previous cat had fleas (and parasites) and they only liked my blood so that's another downside, but yea smell can be a big problem. Hmm.

we use the drops that go on the neck for flea control works great! I think we're using advantix rite now we've used frontline too.

A pet store will overcharge you. Craigslist/paper is animals that will end up in a shelter if they don't find homes. a lot of time its ppl moving and cant take the pets or their pet had babies. ya might get a cat already litter trained fixed etc. check out CL and the sites for local shelters why you think it over. that way you can choose age looks how fixed or not. lotta fur babies need forever homes.

maybe a scoopable litter would be good. it clumps the pees and poos so ya can toss the stinky

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I think I've been watching too many kitten/cat videos on youtube recently, forgetting how bad and costly it was when I had my old cat, it's slowly losing my interest of having a cat again. Thanks for the help though. Someday I would like to get one, but right now, I don't think it's a good time for me and it would be unfair to that kitten/cat as well.

I hung out with cats only after I got to NY and visited Eppy-Cabbit + Sledge-Lady. They're cute!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

If you're worried about leaving the cat alone, you'd be better off adopting an adult cat. Get one that's about 2 years old or so, and you won't have to worry about destructive kitten antics. My cat is rather clingy, but she does just fine all day alone. It just means she likes getting in my lap for attention when I get home. XD If there's a Humane Society nearby, go talk to them. They usually have details on each animal they have, and can help you find one that fits with you.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Sign in to follow this