Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

WTF YouTube?!

Anyone else experience youtube videos opening up new tabs on your browser to advertise shit? WTF? It hasn't happened a lot, but I get the feeling this will become the new pop up. Its bad enough I have to wait 5-50 seconds for a stupid ad to see a video now. An anti-tab opener program needs to be made now. :x

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I've seen ads prior to most videos now if not all. I just watch youtube less & less while using in private Internet search. And that started when they removed the turn off suggestions option. then even less when they removed the ability for videos to disappear from my front page after I already watched them. I went from being subscribed to 21 other channels down to 6 that I don't even watch anymore. I don't know whether or not to be happy about losing youtube once it no longer supports my IE7 browser even though I'm using IE8.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

they are a bag of dicks
They aren't dicks that you just dump on someone. It's not a big bag. They are a series of tubes that shoot out dicks.

- Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska)

Okay he didn't say that but stilll.... Felt the need to post that....

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I've seen plenty of the annoying ads that play before the video, but I haven't seen any new tabs being opened with ads yet. But I watch more youtube on my phone than on my laptop. If it was opening new tabs, I'd get pretty pissed. I do have firefox with ad block plus with the pop-up addon and it takes care of pretty much all pop up issues.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

personally i have never had it happen to me.

Could it be something on your computer?

I doubt it, It only happens on youtube... most notably for the videos that give you the option to skip the ad in 5 seconds. Most of the ads were stupid free browser based MMO games.

Nah, nothing on my computer. Only one certain type of video on a certain site activates it. I spend 5 hours a day on the net at least, and my computer is practically new. Ad Blocker Plus took care of it.

I love ad blocker plus, but I hate it at the same time. lol. I love not getting pop ups or having to view ads online, but then again my own ad revenue has turned to shit on my sites since that addon became more popular years ago. :crap:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

LOL. A love/hate relationship. Its amazing pop ups are still effect... I mean hell, they pissed me off from the very first pop up I ever saw... they make me not even want to look at an ad. Banners, and the little ads placed on the right hand side of news sites don't bother me much, those side ads actually have enticed me to click on them on facebook. And those ads that pop up within the sight (mostly movie trailers do this) are sorta annoying, but at least they are easy to x out. Comingsoon.net is the worst offender on that one.

Sign in to follow this