Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Got a smartphone!

You have a driod so be careful what you download. Yeah their "app store" is an open source marketplace, but male-ware apps are more common than they are on iPhone. Temple Run is a definite. Free game. and its addictive!

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

get Lookout first of also...best virus scanner for a phone that is free

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

You have a driod so be careful what you download. Yeah their "app store" is an open source marketplace, but male-ware apps are more common than they are on iPhone. Temple Run is a definite. Free game. and its addictive!

Honestly if you actually pay attention to what you're looking at and research the app before you download it you won't run into the mal-ware problems (I'm on my second android phone and I've never had a problem (bionic), then again I'm not an app whore like most people).

I'm quite addicted to Fragger right now, tis quite a fun game (as well as quite a frustrating game). Don't really do much on my phone other then check email, read news, read a book (I love Kindle on my phone), and play the occasional game of Sudoku/Fragger so I can't really recommend any apps (outside of getting a virus scanner, a must I say).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

What browsers do you guys recommend? I've been using the default browser that came with the phone but I realized that I didn't like how I had to switch between windows. I looked up firefox mobile, but it didn't have the best reviews. So I downloaded Dolphin Browser HD, and Opera Mini. The Dolphin one looks pretty good and I like how it displays, I haven't tried the opera yet. But I saw there are quite a few browsers. Is Dolphin the best one?

Oh, and I didn't try the temple game yet, but that fragger game is pretty fun! :D

get Lookout first of also...best virus scanner for a phone that is free

I got lookout, it scanned my apps, showed no problems and it looked pretty good. But I wanted to see if I could find an anti-virus app that included safe browsing without having to pay for the upgrade to premium. And I found out that Avast has a mobile version that includes everything for free. I figured it was good enough for my laptop so I downloaded it. It scanned and flagged "brightest flashlight free" app as malware. Yep.. it was malware. I uninstalled it. Lookout missed it tho! So I'll stick with avast.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I use the default browser, saw no need to go out of my way and get another browser for the phone (plus all I use the browser for on my phone is to check email, lurk around here, and check xbox.com).

I've been meaning to switch over to the Avast anti-virus on my phone just haven't gotten around to it (been using AVG since my Droid, had no problems but I really don't like the interface).

Fragger has been aggravating me as of late because I'm stuck on a map in the Planet X pack (damn aliens sticking to places I can't seem to hit X.X).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I've maxed out on my Invisibility and Power run's so let's see how I fare ... I'm at 1.7 million.

WAIT .... 3 million?!! *doesn't feel like playing the game anymore* =_='

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

- ZDbox has a good group of tools (ie. app locker, cache cleaner, data watcher, batter % left...etc)

- Barcode scanner - scan barcodes and QR codes.

- Timeriffic - automate tasks to happen at specific times of the day (ie. set phone to vibrate and display backlight to 1% from 8am-5pm while at work...etc).

- Movies (rotten tomatoes' app for viewing movie listings and reviews)

- Google Voice (get a free Google Phone number to use. Allows free unlimited texting, unlimited phone use, voice messages to text, text messaging and viewing your voice messages through your web browser).

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^