Sign in to follow this  
BlitzZ

Nostalgia'd Hard

For some reason today, I just decided to revisit the Clan. Looking back on it, I realized just how much of an influence this site had on me. I remember joining when I was ridiculously young, either 10 or 11, and coming for my love of Gundam. I'm not really into anime at all anymore, but from 4th grade to 9th grade, it (and this site) was a major influence on me. I remember making a picture with all the AC inside jokes that won me something on here, signatures for myself and others on here, fueling my anime addiction, making an ass of myself, and occasionally posting some (probably terrible) poetry that I no longer even have, but would probably get a good laugh from. It's crazy how much I changed, from a socially awkward skinny 4th grader to a college student with a 3.9 gpa, aspirations of law school, prepping for my first bodybuilding contest, interning for a senator, and working for Ron Paul's campaign. Never in a million years would I think I could be where I am today.

Ancient Clan really helped push me out of my shell, and go out and DO THINGS. While I can't see my earliest posts (probably for the best XD), reading the few posts that weren't pruned just made me remember a great time in my life. While I don't think I will be all back up in this bitch posting, I'll still remember to stop in and say hi once in a while. Thanks for the memories guys. I can't believe it's been over 8 years. Now time to watch old Toonami intros with TOM and show promos and reminisce about my childhood and how much things have changed, and just how great the future can be.

...and so I end with this. I loved it as a kid, and stumbled onto it yesterday. I think it was what pushed me back here.

[ame]

[/ame]

(Holy SHIT that was long)

/endrant

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DUDE! Welcome back man! Glad to hear you're doing so well, law school, body building, interning for a senator :goodjob: ... which reminds me to tell you to check out The Ides Of March if you haven't already :bingo:

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.