Sledgstone

"Zombieland" tv series in the works

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/21292.html

The enormous ratings success of The Walking Dead has led Fox to forgo a sequel to its Zombieland movie in favor of a TV series. The 2009 Zombieland comedy written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick that starred Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin was a critical and box office success. Fox was developing Zombieland 2, but the studio is dumping the movie sequel idea in favor the “greener pastures of a TV series.”

MTV already has its zombie series, Death Valley, showing on Monday nights, and now Fox is prepping Zombieland for the small screen. Will audiences tire of the undead, when zombies start making up a substantial portion of the cable TV dramas? How many shambling zombie shows is too many?

Meanwhile Reese and Wernick, who came up with the memorable catchphrase for Zombieland of "Nut up or shut up,"followed the popular zombie comedy with G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation, which is slated to debut next June, also wrote a Deadpool movie for Fox. Now, according to Deadline, Paramount has decided to pick up the Hasbro/J.J. Abrams Micronauts project that has been in development since 2009 (see “J.J. Abrams Developing Micronauts Movies”), and the studio has hired Reese and Wernick to write the screenplay. For a broader look at Hasbro’s movie slate see “Transformers, Magic Help Hasbro Raise Earnings 10%.”

Sweet. I'll watch some more zombieland. :D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I would've preferred a Zombieland 2 or if they just left Zombieland alone as sequels & series tend to ruin good movies.

Off Topic:

As for the Deadpool movie, here's hoping Ryan Reynold's isn't pulled away to make some other movie. Especially when said other movie sucks & should have never been made.

SARCASM

Who am I kidding? Ryan Reynolds will probably get pulled away to do Aqua Man. Because we all know how manly it is to talk to fish. Just like its manly to get powers from jewelery.

/SARCASM

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

post-1-0-32812900-1358824070_thumb.jpg

It looks like the Zombieland series is being made after all... but it will be an Amazon original series. I'm guessing that means it will possibly be a free to watch series for their Amazon Prime subscribers, either that or it will cost everyone a few dollars an episode. I highly doubt Amazon would put the money into an original series and then stream it with commercials. My guess is this series fall into the $1.99 an episode category.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99155

Just a few days ago, casting information broke regarding a small screen take on the 2009 horror comedy Zombieland. Today, Broadcast Now reveals that the series is, indeed, on the way and is being developed by Amazon as an original series.

Planned for 30-minute episodes, the "television" version of "Zombieland" returns the franchise to its original concept of an ongoing serialized comedy adventure.

Would you pay to watch a Zombieland series?

This post has been promoted to an article

The only way I'm going to pay to watch anything nowadays is if its in movie theaters.

Wow, Even if I agree with him, me from 2011 is a bigger JackAss than I.

Or so I assume.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I wouldn't pay for it. If its online with commercials maybe. I dislike amazon prime's video service menus and navigation so much that I would probably skip watching it even if it was free. The one weekend I tried out amazon prime and their 'click here once to instantly buy this even tho you can watch it free with your prime membership' links all over the place quickly made me rethink ever using their streaming service again.

The last good zombie movie made was Fido. I love classic zombie horror but this recent craze of zombies or vampires is uninspired, plain boring to watch. Zombieland was cool because of Murray and his scenes only.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.