Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Star Wars Blu-Ray

What I don't like is the fact that he's trying to erase the past. I don't think these new versions come with the original version as part of the final disc, which is lame. I love seeing the Theatrical release vs the Director's cut from time to time.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Thats why I bought the special edition dvds that came with both versions when they came out. And yes, the differences in the versions are quite noticeable.. the originals are in stereo only and are pretty grainy.. the newer versions were noticeably touched up, included extra scenes, surround sound, and so on..

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I finally got my hands on the original version, so much more enjoyable than the Blu Rays only because I can see that it's an old movie with those special effects and what not. With the Blu Ray edition, it looks like a movie made in the 90's, kinda loses it's charm. Plus

Darth Vader's NOOOOOOOOUUUUUU after he picks up the Emperor in Episode VI

at the end was really silly. I prefer the original version a lot.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.