Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Battlefield 3 - The most beautiful FPS ever...

Have you ever played bf2 strider? Not bad company just regular Battlefield. Its a completely different style from normal fps because of thr scale of the maps. By any means their all better than COD, which in my opinion is a broken game/series. Sadly EA is trying to get DICE to crank one out annually. Money corrupts all.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Bits and pieces when friends let me try it but the BF series has never interested me outside of the vehicle combat (which is the only reason I enjoyed Bad Company (the first one) while playing multiplayer).

I don't doubt BF is better then COD when it comes to multiplayer because COD has always been broken (hence why I'm still debating if I'm going to pick up MW3 or just skip in entirely and spend that money on a game I know I'll enjoy). I'm just not overly interested in BF3 outside of being able to fly a jet. Sadly I'm just not overly interested with anything that's been coming out in the shooter genre as of late (the last 3 I've bought have been huge disappointments (MW2, Reach (was fun for awhile now it's just bleh), and Black Ops (I still haven't even broken rank 11 yet that's how bad I thought MP was in it)). The games are just carbon copies of the ones before them and I'm getting sick of it. Only way I'll pick BF3 up is if my friends talk me into it otherwise I'll skip it, got enough money going out for games this year (plus the new Ace Combat is out in Oct, which is more of a priority for me then another shooter).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Yeah, it's sad we can't even enjoy MW1 anymore. It's riddled with hackers. BF is definitely geared towards it's fanbase and not the general unskilled n00b, or casual FPS player. Matches on BF can last up to more than an hour. MW3 interestes me for single player and survival mode... That's not enough for me to buy it. I'm an avid BF fan, mostly because of my love of setting up C4 traps and the sniping is very fun.

BF is probably the only series in FPS thats actually geared towards its fan base rather than trying to water down to appeal to a wider audience. Sadly I've been reading EA is wanting a BF every year. DICE said no, and I hope this never happens, or it will turn into another COD.... a busted game with new turds added on to it every year.

The only problem with COD is that Activision has two studios to make the COD every year thing a possibility (Treyarch and Infinity Ward) and thus quality suffers because one is good at story (I definitely think Trey writes a better story then Infinity Ward) and the other excels at multiplayer (Infinity Ward makes a better multiplayer game out of the two, even if it is still broken). That and Activision pushes it's studios too hard due to their greed for money (I mean look at the real money AH they're putting into Diablo 3, that definitely isn't Blizzard's idea). Quality suffers when your publisher wants a game every year just so they can come out on top in the money game.

I have a feeling DICE will never give into the pressure from EA because DICE can just find another publisher. I mean there are plenty of publishers that would pick up a tried and true studio like DICE just for the amount of money Battlefield brings in. EA might be greedy but they aren't stupid, I doubt they'll push the subject (and if they do I really hope DICE walks and finds a different publisher. I might not be a big fan of the BF series but I'd hate to see a great game franchise like it fall into the COD formula).

Yeah. It really sucks what the industry has become. EA vs. Activision. BioWare and Dice are probably my 2 most favorite developers, based on the pride they take in their work.

My problem with COD's multiplayer is the lack of care taken into it, by both studios. IW makes a game, and Trey copies it, but tries to make it better, and still falls short. Black Ops is a better game than MW2, IMO. But its still busted. It seems after everyone gets past 3-4 prestige everything goes to shit. I was playing MW2 last night and spawned in the same location infront of the same guy 3 times. lucky for me, the 3rd time I was behind him. Camping, tubing, and spawn camping are the ways to success on any COD game. I can play demolition on launch, run to the enemy spawn, tact insert and go 55-8, easily, but after a while it gets old. Yet people delight in doing the same thing over and over and over. I dunno its just not for me.

Then lets not forget the complete lack of support for old games. You play MW1 now, everyone is in the sky, on parts the map you arent suppose to be in, there's hack ads on the newsfeed. You play S&D on WaW and someone calls in dogs as soon as the match starts with no kills. Seriously? They could fix it... but why when a new half assed game is gonna come out in a few months! Oh and lets charge you another $60 for 4 map packs. So you essentially pay $120 for a mediocre game, that is only fun the first 2-3 months. I really miss the MW1 days. I had so much fun playing that game. and my time of play stat proves it over the other games. lol

Sadly BioWare has shown signs of giving into EA's little money making greed (ME2 was a really good game, don't get me wrong but I mean it suffered in a lot of the key aspects that made ME a really great game). I just hope BioWare didn't sell itself short with TOR (I mean it looks great and you can definitely tell it's BW quality but I'm afraid of what EA has made them compromise on).

It's true, Trey always copies IW (problems and all). That's really the reason I never gave WaW a lot of chance when it came to multiplayer (the only COD I have not gone into prestige mode in except Black Ops). I really do miss MW, it was such a great game (and I was so damn good at it). I haven't been on it since like a month before MW2 came out so I really don't know how bad it's gotten since but I can only imagine based off of what you said. Sadly I was thinking of getting back on because Reach is boring and I no longer own MW2 (I traded it in after the first two months, got bored because MP was a cake walk and I was going 30 - 0 with just sniping at that time) so my MP game choices are limited (plus I refuse to play Black Ops or WaW MP anymore).

Sadly the thing I'm noticing more and more of is publishers making studios make a lack-luster starting game and then sell-out to make DLC to gain even more money. It's really sad that they have this season pass shit coming out now for games (I mean $30 season pass for Gears 3 just to get all four future DLC's for $10 cheaper). It's the main reason why I'm mostly glad I haven't set foot into the industry yet (besides not having a portfolio atm or any job leads), I just don't think I could do that to gamers. I mean the whole "Here's the game you've been waiting 2 years for but it's not the whole game. 3 months from now we'll release this part for an additional $10 so you can get more story/MP maps" is getting really sickening. That's the main reason I haven't bought any of the map packs for Black Ops. I bought the ones for WaW but was extremely disappointed with them (and really wanted my money back). Hell I was disappointed with the shit BioWare released for the last ME2 DLC (god that was disappointing coming off of Lair of the Shadowbroker and Overlord).

Sad thing is MW3 is going to suffer just as much from this problem and I almost actually had myself talked into getting it after seeing the new Spec-Ops and Survival stuff. Gah, I really hate the direction the industry is taking. I might just have to break down and buy BF3 in October, little more money then I wanted to spend but some of the new stuff I've been seeing coming out of Gamescom and PAX has me rather intrigued now (the jet combat is still the biggest selling point for me though).

Jet combat was in BF2 :P BC is a really watered down version of Battlefield, but now that I think of it, it was a pretty cool wait to reach out to a new audience. The Vientnam expansion to me was how a DLC should be. Different maps, different guns, different equipment, vehicles, and stats. It was a whole new game. BF3 will boast over 50 guns, and i forgot how many maps out the gate.

I considered getting MW3 just because a lot of my friends play it, and I'd like to play the single player. The story may be crap, but I will give it to IW when it comes to intense moments or "holy shit" moments. But the COD Elite really did it for me. COD is not an MMO, There should be no subscription fee... much like EA's season pass. You're right. Its bogus. XBL as much as I love the service, its also at fault here. They started it all with charging gamers for content that was given out for free on the PC version.

Bah considering you talking about it and my freaking co-workers bragging about it I went ahead and pre-ordered it. It better be worth it damn it, that put the total of game pre-orders over my comfort zone.

Bah, Elite is going to be a joke. Paying that much money for a year on top of the money paid for XBL services isn't worth it. Could care less if I get all the dlc for free (technically not) and first. DLC is a joke when it comes to COD games. Then again it's all about the money.

Bah considering you talking about it and my freaking co-workers bragging about it I went ahead and pre-ordered it. It better be worth it damn it, that put the total of game pre-orders over my comfort zone.

Bah, Elite is going to be a joke. Paying that much money for a year on top of the money paid for XBL services isn't worth it. Could care less if I get all the dlc for free (technically not) and first. DLC is a joke when it comes to COD games. Then again it's all about the money.

w00t. Beta is the 27th for us. It'll be worth it.

Don't try to launch quick match, it wont work. Go to the servers list and try to get into a server that isn't full. Make sure you download the drivers for the beta too. I have to buy a new video card, My monitor is 1920x1080, and even on low settings its choppy. I'm gonna order a GeForce GTX 560 from newegg.

w00t. Beta is the 27th for us. It'll be worth it.

Been on it the last two days, must say I am enjoying it but the freaking lag last night (played before I went to work) was pissing me off. Totally suck though, I need to relearn the Battlefield controls again (been over a year since I played Bad Company).

Don't try to launch quick match, it wont work. Go to the servers list and try to get into a server that isn't full. Make sure you download the drivers for the beta too. I have to buy a new video card, My monitor is 1920x1080, and even on low settings its choppy. I'm gonna order a GeForce GTX 560 from newegg.

I dunno if my pc will be able to play it or not.. or if its just the PC version having issues. I'm having the "joining server" error.. it just sits on joining server infinitely and never opens the game. I searched for fixes and it seems that there are a variety of PC users having the same issue. I'll try it again tomorrow. Kinda sucks, I can't even get the game to load so I can even change settings on it or anything. The browser battlelog stuff is interesting and all, but I'm surprised that everything has to be run thru the browser just to get the game to open. I can't even troubleshoot it because it just gives me generic error 1 or 2 when I click multiple times to connect to a server. gah.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

It really depends on the time of day. They will bring the servers down for maintenance without warning and sometimes you just need to be tenacious. Hasn't been too much of a problem for me so far though.

Soldier Name: Sephire

3-1.gif

Installed my Geforce GTX 560 Ti today... this game is amazing.... and beautiful.

haven't played any single player, but i heard it wasn't very good... they really shouldn't have wasted their time on one despite BC2's being pretty decent. The Co-op however is a different story... It's pretty intense near the end.

As always, the mutliplayer is fantastic.

Yea the single player isn't too great, I'm maybe 1/3rd of the way through it and am not impressed (too many cliche sequences and it "borrows" quite a bit from other fps games placed in modern settings).

MP though is fun as hell (I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I had, beta was a little disappointing for me). Still need to try co-op (that is if I can ever quit playing MP).

yeah im having a blast with it too :) got it for the 360 and was squaded up with 3 friends jsut wrecking people....we got Ace squad atleast 6 rounds in a row

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I am so ruined by the Xbox controller, I had to go out and buy a wired one to play it on PC... the lack of AIM assist makes it a bitch, but It's must making me a hell of a lot better on the Xbox version. LOL I can actually fly choppers and jets... something I could never do in BC2 or BF2... I had to switch the sticks around, but I am loving it.