Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Battlefield 3 - The most beautiful FPS ever...

I know the latest BF3 update is only available for PS3 as of right now and you PC and xbox gamers are missing out. Its a much more balanced setup now. 1gb of updates, fixes and changes.

The biggest improvements I like so far is that the USAS has been nerfed. USAS with frag rounds was the most annoying thing in the game. Anti-aircraft guns and TOW launchers destroy jets and helicopters much more efficiently now and come standard with air radar. And because you get points towards AA now (I haven't tried it yet) it makes people want to actually defend spawning aircraft from getting shot down right on the landing field. I hated getting a lock on notice right when I spawned into a jet. Repair torches have a slowed repair factor and stinger missles disable helicopters and jets in one hit. I was in a helicopter with a repairing engineer and we were killed by a stinger. That was the first I've ever seen a stinger actually take out a helicopter.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Pfft, I quit playing long ago. The stinger change is most ways is a nerf even if it does disable in one hit (shorter range basically makes it suicidal to now shoot down a jet/copter). I should know, I made it an art to knock aerial craft out of the air (my usual layout was anti-air engineer when I still played). Some of the accessory changes seem stupid (I watched Gamespot's little vid on the changes). Some are nice but some make you wonder what EA is thinking.

Then again I haven't played since December so some of the changes might be necessary. The amount of underhanded gameplay and cheating in the 360 version made me quit (when spawn camping becomes the only way to play the game screwing the other team out of points then it's not a game for me).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

The game was getting a bit tedious to me because of the USAS asses out there. Before the fix, when that shotgun had frag rounds equiped, it had sniper rifle range. Imagine playing against a team with half of them shooting exploding rounds at you from halfway across the map and you'd get killed by the splash damage so they wouldn't even need a perfect shot. I'm glad thats fixed and the damn MAV. God.. ppl would use a MAV and ram into everyone. the MAV was nearly impossible to hit and if you were rammed with it, it would slice thru you like butter and keep going. I saw a MAV fly thru 3 players killing them all and keep flying around. It was one of the most annoying weapons. Now if you hit someone with it, it will be destroyed. So far, it seems like alot of these fixes were needed. Although I don't like how all the shotguns were weakened. And I'm sure I'll come across plenty of other things that will probably be annoying.

I never ran into any of those problems on the 360. I play conquest mostly however. Less reason for people to camp out. I know the PS3 online gaming community is notorious for cheating and more douchbaggery than 360.. and that's hard to imagine how much worse it could be. Playing by yourself can be pretty tideous at times, so in that aspect I can agree... if you have at least one friend in your squad, you could be unstoppable and win entire matches with just the two of you working together. I remember one time on Squad Conquest on Tehran Highway I racked up almost 80,000 XP from capturing flags over and over and over. It was basically a big merry-go-round, with us holding the flags and the other team capturing one at a time and my squad recapturing it. The match was 2 hours long, and I leveled up 3 times and unlocked 3 attachments for the gun I was using the entire time. The after battle staticis were fun to watch as they racked up ribbons, and xp. lol

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Damn! O_O thats a huge score to get in a single match! I like playing conquest the most because of all the vehicles. What cheating is there on PS3? I haven't really come across anything noticeable aside from the issues with the overpowered weapons that are fixed now.. That and I think there were a couple glitches where I know for a fact I shot the hell out of some guys but they never went down, like they were immortal.. but I've only come across that twice in 20+ hours of gameplay.

And yes, playing with a friend makes all the difference. When I'm playing with my brothers in a squad its much easier to coordinate and have fun compared to joining up with a random team that may or may not suck.

LOL. Too bad we cant play. I can really troll some people with an attack chopper, I never seem to have a good gunner though... when I try to be gunner the pilot generally crashes into a building or something trying to be cute.

BF3 is a well constructed game. Ive read that COD is practically unplayable on PS3. Horror stories of no clipping, being invisible, amongst others. Plus PSN is very under monitored since you don't have to pay to play online. I think it mostly has to do to those guys that crack the system and put their own software in it. If you report something to dice however, they generally take care of it faster than others. the most you'll see in BF3 is aim bots. Which its hard to tell since there is no kill cam to see how you died. But generally if you get shot in the head and it shows the guy that killed you way on the other side of the map and he is holding a pistol... something is definitely up.

Yeah thats the one and only time ive ever gotten that much XP. it was pretty epic... longest match i've ever played since BF2 maybe. Since its 4 on 4, its hard to defend flags on such a large map, thus its easy to get a lot of caps. 200xp a pop, plus the ribbons every 5 caps i believe, on top of the kills, unlocks, tank unlocks, and the xp gained from being support and dropping ammo. Thats about the one great thing about Rush when it comes to drops. If you're assault and you know the hot spots, you can just drop a health kit and rack up endless points off everyone on your team.

OMG yeah the MAV was horseshit....lil thing flying around and it wouldnt die and jsut keeps stomping on your face for 1 hit kills....and yeah I never personally ran into many USAS nubs but my brother ran into a lot of them. I really need to play more often :) should torment DX :P

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

X'D

MAV users don't bother me too much. Step into an enclosed area, and if they think they're cute... which they normally do, they'll fly the little thing in there where there isnt much room to operate. M249 extended mag FTW.

I also love trolling mortar whores. I guess they don't realize they show up on the map when they fire. Easy mortar kills for me. I will admit I can be a big douche bag on Rush. I love planing C4 on the bomb sites. I don't play it as much as I did on Bad Company 2. I had 3 gold stars on my C4/TNT in that game. X'D

mmmm.. C4 on the mcoms sounds like a good idea. lol. I'll have to do that. X'D

I can't stand the range of stinger missles since the update. They are completely useless now. And javelins are extremely powered up. I was playing conquest earlier today and the other team destroyed every vehicle with javelins using two recon guys to soflam target everything. The recon guys were laser designating from their spawn point so no one could kill the guys because they were out of the playable area. Since they now force mortars to be used only in fully accessable locations they should do the same with the soflams.

I finally unlocked heat seekers for my jets today. And I couldn't get a kill with them. Everyone has flares now. :\ And some of the spawn points for a couple maps of rush were horrible. We were defending the mcom, it got activated, we died, no squad member to spawn to and the random spawns kept leaving us over 100 something distance away from the damn mcom. We could never get to it fast enough. O_O

The tanks seem a bit weaker.. Overall tho, its not that bad of an update. It balanced out alot, but it definitely needs another update to fix the new problems. Aside from javelins I'm not seeing any one weapon being abused like the usas was so far.

I wish that venom helicopter actually had weapons for the pilot, nobody flys that damn thing once they realize theres no weapons on it. And unless I'm the pilot I hesitate to get into any helicopter. There are so many people that suck at flying in the game. :P

Its a tradition. I could never pilot until BF3. I started to learn a bit in BC2, but I can customize the controls to ace combat standards, its a breeze to fly.

Yeah! C4 the mcom's is easy xp. If you're on a really terrible team that cant defend worth a damn, just make a nice little radius and run off some where safe. The best mcoms are where you can throw the charges on the ceiling... after a while they tend to catch on and look for your c4, but they hardly ever look up for them. Once you see the bomb site planted. pull the trigger... BOOM!!! Go defuse, resupply yourself, and repeat. X'D Thats why my PC handle is C4atTheDoor. I can't tell you how many triple kills I've got under my belt that way. In BF2, some servers would kick you for doing that. I would make a radius around a flag in conquest, and hide in a good vantage point. As soon as they got blown up they'd cry to the server admin. :P

I had it for the PS3 and just got sick of it. Bought it for the PC and the difference is like night and day. The new changes went live for the PC and so far I'm a lot happier with it.

The PC community are tried and true to this game. I don't play PS3 online, but from what some of my friends have told me, most people try to play it like COD, running around just trying to get kills, without a care about capping MCOMs or flags. lol.

XBOX is similar, but not to that degree. I play it mostly on that since thats what my friends have it for. I bought this new rig for Diablo 3, and I have played some BF on here... I will say this... its a hell of a lot more beautiful on the PC. The graphics are amazing.

The night and day factor is even more prominent when you compare the varying degrees of higher setting in Batman: Arkham Asylum for the PC and the console versions. Easily one of the most advanced games on the market.

3-1.gif

I've watched some clips on youtube of the PC version for BF3 and the jets look amazing. The overall quality on the PC is way more impressive than on the PS3. :nod:

The PC community are tried and true to this game. I don't play PS3 online, but from what some of my friends have told me, most people try to play it like COD, running around just trying to get kills, without a care about capping MCOMs or flags. lol.

I've come across this issue quite often.. probably 1 out of every 5 conquest or Rush games I start end up being with a group of idiots that just want to team death match on a larger scale with maybe one squad on each side actually going for the mcoms or flags. Usually I'll finish that round and switch to a different server or wait for everyone to quit out and we'll get new people in.

OK the new rented servers are hit or miss... kinda sucks quickplay goes directly to them. I did end up on an awesome Conquest server that have 20,000 tickets. Played a 2 hour match ended up going 52-68, 28,636xp after bonuses. I got at least 5 triple kills off suicide C4'ing tanks and APC's X'D

I had one point where an tank gunner jumped out to repair, I killed him, the guy that spawned on him, and then I lobbed a C4 on the badly damaged tank... the driver jumped out but it was too late. BOOM!

Nice. :P yeah, the rented servers annoy me most of the time. I've lucked out on a couple large ticket conquest matches myself. But alot of rented servers seem to have too many altered settings. I swear some matches were completely one sided with everyone on a squad using a specific gun and getting one or 2 shot kills easily.

I'd like to see a new server filter so we can list just dice/ea servers.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/05/bf3-june-update-announce/

Another big update over the next couple days. Suppression is being reduced a bit and the recoil for quite a few guns are being reduced. The m26 dart issue will be fixed and javelins wont be as overpowered against non-laser designated targets. A bunch of other fixes too. I'm looking forward to the recoil being fixed on the FAMAS. I haven't used that gun since the last patch because the recoil made it pointless to use.

Well I decided to go ahead and get the premium membership. Mostly because this is the only fps I play.. and I play it at least twice a week and I play it with family. So I went all in and got the premium.. and I can't get into a single one of the new 4 maps. The new game modes seem to work fine. I did some 8 vs. 8 tdmc. But every time I try to get into any of the new maps, it freezes up my ps3.

The CQ maps have been working for a couple days ago. I haven't had a chance to play them yet except for a couple minutes. Scrap Metal & donya fortress look amazing tho. And my brother is liking Gun master mode. The new assignments are good too. Have fun trying to get an EOD bot kill for the terminator assignment. lol. X'D

I'll get it on rush no prob... I don't think any challange was more intense than taking out a tank with a repair torch. I was so relieved when got that one. I did notice my shotgun kills arent registering for one of the dog tag assignments so I've held off on it.