Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Hulu bidding war!

http://gizmodo.com/5817497/google-wants-to-buy-hulu

If it's true that Google really wants to buy Hulu, is it possible the streaming television will harmoniously exist under the same roof as YouTube? Will it be like Stepbrothers, where they initially hate each other, then end up best friends?

According to the LA Times, Google is in a bidding war with Yahoo and Microsoft for control of the service, which is being unloaded by the collective of cable networks who currently own it. Google TV would be a whole hell of a lot more functional if Hulu were in its stable, and im sure some of the excellent Hulu backend tech would work its way into YouTube, which would also be nice (autoplay, hello!)

And on a tangentially related note, you can now share Hulu vids on Facebook that point to a specific point in the video. I like the sound of that a lot. [LA Times and Hulu]

Once google bought youtube, youtube started to suck to me... O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

nah i doubt it would be MS exclusive since both use it they would probably get sony to pay them for it :P

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      I haven't been following Xbox products and I was surprised to see this one. I thought it was the new upgraded Xbox.. it is but it isn't. It's basically the Xbox One Slim. Its 40% smaller, larger hard drive, 4k bluray player and HDR video. Theres still another upgraded Xbox coming out in the near future that should allow 4k gameplay. This slim version is what I envisioned the initial Xbox One would have been. But instead they released that mandatory camera system with it and refused to make bluray movies play on the system unless you download an app. Probably because sony owns bluray tech. The Xbox One S came out just yesterday and now I'm wondering how much longer it'll be before we see a PS4 slim and if it'll have extra features.
      http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-s
      Reference to the bluray thing:
      http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/dvd-blu-ray-setup
    • By Myk JL
      According to GameSpot articles that happened within seven days.
      Xbox One Likely Won't Be Microsoft's Last Console, Exec Says
      Nintendo Won't "Abandon" Wii U Fanbase, President Says
      3DS Is "Here to Stay," Nintendo Exec Says
      I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing. But it makes me wonder how bad is Microsoft & Nintendo doing if they have to answer these types of questions. I still expect myself to buy an Xbox One a month before The 4th Gen Xbox. And I'm still interested in the mystery that is The Nintendo NX.
    • By Sledgstone
      In a surprising move, Amazon has purchased Twitch, beating out the looming Google / YouTube acquisition.
      This should be a good move for twitch. Amazon definitely has the hardware to support the site.
      Source: Twitch
    • By Sledgstone
      In a surprising move, Amazon has purchased Twitch, beating out the looming Google / YouTube acquisition.
      This should be a good move for twitch. Amazon definitely has the hardware to support the site.
      Source: Twitch
      Click here to view the article
    • By Sledgstone
      http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/08/microsoft-gifting-xbox-360-owners-75-with-the-purchase-of-an-xbox-one/

Umm... wow.. that seems a bit desperate to me. Its a good deal for anyone that hasn't gotten the Xbox One and was planning on it tho.