Sign in to follow this  
Myk JL

Victim of Auction Sniping

I was about to win an auction on ebay.com for US $58.50. Then some snipers came in & passed my max bid of US $300.00.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auction_sniping

I'm trying to see if there's anything I can do about it but so far jack.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

There's nothing you can do about it. It's a douche bag thing to do, but is technically legal. ><
I can't do anything probably about the sniper or the website but I swear I will start a list of sellers who accept sniping bids over legitimate winning bids.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I outsniped a sniper once. I was bidding on some headlights for my saturn a year or so ago and even tho I had the high bid for the entire 5 days the auction was going on for.. literally one hour before the auction ended a douchebag got on there and bid $1 over me. I bid again about 5 mins later and added $10, the douche waited until 10 mins before the end of the auction and did the same thing. So once again I bid $10 over him, then I waited until 5 seconds before the auction ended and bid and extra $3. Sure as hell that bastard put a bid in at the last second to for $1 more, but I caught his ass with my extra $3. but in the end I was screwed because the seller refused to sell his headlights to me saying that ebay screwed up and didn't set his minimum bid purchase correctly, etc. etc. I hate ebay. -_- I only buy posters and small shit there now.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I sorta snipe myself now so I don't get sniped. I wait to the last minute and put my max bid in. If it doesn't beat the previous bidders max bid, I let it go cuz I'm not gonna pay more than I originally put in.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I love waiting till the last 40 seconds to place bids, and leave myself a few seconds only once I cross the max, and try to place a higher reserve so the other chaps can't get past even when they learn they were outbid with 20-15 seconds left.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

:nosebleed: I won! :bleedout: I won.... :huh: I won?

I set a trap for an auction sniper in hopes an auction sniper would win. but the auction sniper that showed up only pushed up the price on the software I would've honestly paid $100-$300 for last month to $89.88.

To a certain extent I'm happy. but on the other hand this isn't quite the same version of software. Now that I already paid for it I'm hoping it just works the as the software I thought it was.

Sign in to follow this