Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Rolled it back...

you know, you'd think a diminishing number of customers would mean they would, i don't know, worry about fixing problems to stop people from switching away. oh wait, silly me, that would make SENSE! ><

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

well... sorry but it had to be done

the vomit they threw out there is NOT good enough for AC

yes, we are spoiled. we like things to look nice and be user friendly

and that shit wasn't

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I thought vb4 had some potential on my test site, but I wasn't using it full time... after upgrading the main forums and we were all really using it, I came across probably 40 different bugs. There were even 4 bugs in the admin control panel associated with incorrect url handling because it was in a subdomain. wtf. And the damn forum ran slow as shit. The load times were ridiculous. My themes didn't import 100% correctly from the test forum, and when I went in to fix some things, the css acted differently because i changed a css caching option. Why would caching or not caching the css files affect the actual output of the exact same code!? And one of dumbest design issues was the new posts, new blogs, new articles, comments, etc... The display of them wasn't the issue, the issue is that each of those blocks or widgets used the damn internal vb search engine to pull the results. So the forum is running constant searches with a piece of shit search system. I couldn't see most of these issues because I had nobody else posting in the test site... but after letting it run for what, a day and a half? two days? vb4 has seriously disappointed me. And the worse part is, that was vb 4.0.6. Imagine what vb 4.0.0 was like? And vb4 has been out for almost 8 months now.

I'm just glad I took the extra time to make 3 backups of our current message board before doing any upgrading. The backups took me about 4 hours that day because I did so many backups. ^_^; And I also learned that day that fireftp won't download a file larger than 4 gb. wtf. I had to download two backups through the browser and thats much slower. lol. I also took about a 2 hour break in that upgrade to cook some ribs on the grill. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Upgrading to a completely different software would probably be less work than attempting to upgrade to vb4 again in its present state.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY i have all blue back!!!! :D

Yay is right. :D I was going to put this theme right up, but I didn't even get a chance with all the damn issues vb kept throwing at me. At least I'm not getting any more database error emails from vb4 from how it didn't upgrade our attachments correctly or has the wrong db table coded into the software for albums.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Hahaha I know I know, it's odd for me to like something that's changed because I'm so lazy to get used to anything, heck I've been so lazy that I haven't been to my bedroom in over a week, and it's like 3-4 steps away from my living room or just a step closer to the bathroom =_=

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Sign in to follow this