Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

'Legend of Korra' (Avatar: The last airbender - Sequel)

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/17950.html

Nickelodeon has greenlit The Legend of Korra, a new animated series from Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko that is a continuation of their The Last Airbender series, which scored huge ratings and spun-off a feature film as well as a slew of novels, graphic novels and other merchandise.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, The Legend of Korra, which is set 70 years after the events in Airbender and features a female Avatar named Korra, will debut on Nickelodeon in 2011. The new series will be produced at the Nickelodeon Animation Studios in Burbank.

Seeing as it is 70 years later, and the girl will probably be in her early teens, I'm assuming Ang must have died around 60 years old? O_O And if I remember right, the avatar cycle should make the next avatar from the water tribe.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Awesome I cant wait :)

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Since it takes place 70 years after, maybe he had an apprentice to give knowledge of the air bending arts to ... he's called the last airbender only because after the ice incident, he's sort of the only guy or the last guy so to speak to airbend, at that point in the storyline.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

impossible since an Avatar to be born means the one before them has to die

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I'm assuming that Ang taught some new airbenders and maybe made a new village. I'm just wondering what kind of main enemy there could be in the series... because if not for Sozin's comet powering up the fire emperor, I don't see how anyone could stand a chance in hell against the avatar in full avatar mode... Ang, pwned. :nod:

enemy could be a new organisation that incorporates all the elements, so would make battles more interesting as they wont be all against fire

Wouldnt you need to be of a set bloodline to be a bender

so the air benders would prob be descendent of Ang

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Maybe, unless he comes across some random tribe of potential air benders that didn't know their lineage. Remember how there were mud benders in some weird ass boggy swamp? They were really water benders, but didn't practice water bending. There were also sand benders that only sand bended for transportation through the desert, it was actually earth bending, but they didn't consider themselves that.

1XE9iuNOXzo

the animation looks amazing i cant wait @_@ Edited by Eppy
Copyright blocking bs on the first vid i put up

eppyomega.png

*GOOSEBUMPS* I've seen the trailer so many times but it still gives me goosebumps ... even if I watch it on mute from work X'D

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

the first episode(pilot) is out :) it'll start airing April 14th

eppyomega.png