Sign in to follow this  
Kite

No Norton in Avengers

You wouldn't like it when he's angry! And that's one reason why Ed Norton won't be morphing into the big green fella once again in the upcoming Marvel flick, 'The Avengers.'

According to Hitfix.com, Norton, 40, who portrayed the angry green 10-foot giant's human alter ego Bruce Banner in 2008's 'The Incredible Hulk,' has been dropped by Marvel in the superhero team-up mega movie 'The Avengers.'

A spokesman for Marvel Studios reveals that their decision not to bring back Ed Norton in reprising Dr. Banner's role in the Avengers is not based on monetary factors but on someone having qualities of a team player, one who thrives working as part of an ensemble of talented stars.

"We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks," adds the spokesperson.

It's not so long ago that Edward Norton blew a short fuse compared to the green behemoth itself, when the actor reportedly clashed with studio execs, eventually involving director Louis Leterrier in the making of 'The Incredible Hulk.' The actor allegedly made a big fuss over the film's running time.

'The Avengers,' which is set to make its big screen debut in 2012, will feature A-list celebrities to save the world from mayhem, namely, Robert Downey Jr. as the Iron Man, Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as the mighty Thor, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, and Scarlet Johansson to reprise her role as the Black Widow.

Now it's still unconfirmed as to who'll be given the green light to play the green guy, but whoever it is, he'll be the third actor to get real angry! Eric Bana started the trend in Ang Lee's 'The Hulk' in 2003.

And try to make the Hulk look more realistic this time, puh-lease! He looked like Shrek in steroids in Ang Lee's version, and nearly pulled it off in Leterrier's version. Almost, but no cigar fellas!

source:

http://www.sassyqarla.com/2010/07/avengers-movie-ed-norton-will-not-morph.html

Personally i didnt like Nortan as Banner, not that he cant act, just he doest feel like the characters ment to be

I liked Eric Bana personally

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

tbh i cant see room for banner in the movie, with such a line up, Hulk is the hero

other then the briefing room, he should be the Hulk

sigpic1620_11.gif

if that was the case, hulk should smash them.

if i had to guess, it will be some bad guy who manipulates or tricks or even brain washes Hulk, or simply manipulates the situation to put Hulk as the bad guy

then Avengers like always immediately attack hulk, eventually find out he is innocent, but the damage is done. city is burned down, and Hulk is the bad guy again

sigpic1620_11.gif

Mark Ruffalo will play Bana

RuffaloHULK1-thumb-550x308-43518.jpg

The war of the words that saw Marvel slamming Ed Norton for not being "collaborative" enough to star as the Hulk and Norton Facebooking his disappointment is finally over. Which is a good thing, a very good thing, because we need our "HULK SMASH!" in any big-screen Avengers film.

According to Deadline Hollywood, as per earlier rumors, Ed Ruffalo WILL be stepping into Norton's shoes. Or should that be, in Eric Bana's shoes? Which, given Hulk's penchant for destroying his wardrobe, are probably in pretty bad shape by now anyway!

If all goes well, attendees at the San Diego Comic-Con may get to see Ruffalo line up with director Joss Whedon's other Avengers at tonight's panel. (Well, con-goers lucky enough to get in to the Avengers panel, that is.) The rest of us will just have to wait for the tweets to twickel in.

Personally i dont know his acting chops, but i dont think he looks the role

sigpic1620_11.gif

He's a good actor for emotional roles, but I dunno if he fits right in ... time will tell.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

tbh the screen time bana should get should be next to nothing, unlike the other heroes where they will be wearing costumes, who ever plays bana will vanish fast

having a big name like Norton would prob mean they would give him more screen time, when in reality people like super hero movies, and actors come second to entertainment

sigpic1620_11.gif