Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

If you have ever played the game, or any prince of persia game, stay away from this movie. It was the shittiest game to movie adaptation ever made. The plot of the movie didn't even have anything to do with the game's plot. In the game, the prince uses the dagger of time to inadvertently release the sands of time. The sands of time then spreads out across the palace/kingdom he was in and it turns everyone into sand demons...

I know the movie adaptation could take liberties with that and put some random people in the movie that didn't get transformed into monsters to further the plot along.. but in this movie, he never even releases the sands of time. wtf. Not only is nobody the right ethnicity, but the prince is some orphan boy adopted by the king who already has 2 sons/princes... um... hes not a prince of persia then. wtf. And the first half of the movie, hes wearing the outfit from the second game. wtf? And most of the actors including the prince have a british accent? come the fuck on.

:nonono:

They go through multiple different location changes (even tho the entire game took place in the palace and the surrounding area) and the prince spends most of the movie not fighting. And hes portrayed like a complete idiot. And the only acrobatic shit he does seems pointless. Like instead of just jumping down from a balcony to an ostrich race (wtf, an ostrich race is in this movie!?), he flashily jumps from one spot to another and then jumps across some ostrich backs like they are stepping stones. So damn pointless. There isn't even a single fucking sand demon in this movie. And the dagger is only used a few times to revert time and never in an actual fight or pitfall scenario like its so often used in the game.

This now ranks up there with some of the worst movies I've ever seen.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

it was suck and that princess bitch was so annoying I wanted to shoot her in the face

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

both

it screwed the game

that fucking princess was a main character. she was fucking annoying, as in I have a headache annoying

the Persians were all white wtf

it was like disney mated POTC and Aladdin

Suck

Fail

don't spend a cent on this turd blossom

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Yep. It was basically a live action version of Disney's Aladdin, except instead of having a lamp it had a dagger and instead of a genie and some animals, it had some guy that was like a rip off of jack sparrow from pirates of the caribbean and a black guy that actually did a major fight scene while the prince and everyone chilled out on the other side of town. -_-

I honestly don't know why so many people have given this movie a good review. As a fan of the original game and the franchise as a whole, this movie was just a newer version of the typical middle eastern fantasy genre. I'm surprised a flying carpet didn't show up at some point.

I've played the trilogy, i got to the point where i finished two thrones so many times i could play the game and only get hit in one part of the game, and flawless the rest ! (after the chase, the 2 bosses in the ring of fire). Truth is for someone who has no idea about the games the movie is "decent" i'd say, although it's hard for me to look from that perspective since I hate the movie completely and it's a complete disgrace. like Sledge said, the storyline is complete bullshit, the dagger is hardly used and they killed it with the "special sand" thing which made the thing practically useless. I hope Jake Gylenhaal or whatever goes to fuckin hell for being a stupid idiot, the prince was ruthless, powerfull, and he made him seem like a clumsy idiot !

"A Devil disguised as an Angel"

Yep... he looked like a complete idiot. I was hoping the movie was going to have alot of demon killing and show the evolution of the powers of the sand.. Imagine if in the movie, he used that haste move and killed the shit out of a room full of sand zombies and then finished off the bad guy all in the blink of an eye... instead of yelling at the guy like a little bitch in front of an group of people. gah. -_-

I didn't expect a lot from the movie, and landed up enjoying it. It had it's moments of lameness, but overall, a fun watch. I wasn't looking for parallels with the games the minute I saw the opening sequence of the young Prince jumping those rooftops, cos it was silly.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.