Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Movies

My friend came down from CANADA recently and I showed him a couple of ,y downloaded anime at home, etc etc. He went back and hit me an email saying he would look for dvd's for me (even though I don't even have a Dvd player ^_^;).

So I need recommendations on Anime Movies, which possibly wouldn't be as kult as to be not found in a Canadian store ^_^

I think I'll be telling him to get me the first three Inu Yasha movies, I'm not sure whether the fourth one is out or not.

Any other recommendations :happy: ?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Inuyasha movie 3 hasn't been released in English yet and movie 4 is not on dvd yet

a lot of the movies I watch are tied in w/ a series but...

Cowboy Bebop movie was tight

Ninja Scroll and Kite are sorta cultish I guess :look:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Akira, it's a old school classic that every Anime lover should see.

Inuyasha Movies are good.

Evangilon is a definate.

Cowboy Bebop the movie kicked some ass, even people who don't like anime liked it.

Ghost in a Shell 1, the second one was horrible in my opinion.

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

Wow, cool recommendations guys ^_^ ....

As far as Akira's concerned, I've just heard a lot about this series and would love to finally see it, you know.

I have 13 episodes of Ninja Scroll, but yeah, I agree about it being kult-ish because not many people I talk to know of the series in the first place.

What's Evangilon, Tsukihime, Now and then here and there and Rahxephon about ?

And I love action, but if there are some outstanding comedy/romance movies out there, you know like the Chobits' series, do tell.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I haven't seen the Tenchi series yet though, so I wonder if I'll understand the movie, but that'll be the case for any sort of recommendation I haven't heard of. So I'll give it a shot ^_^

Only one thing, could you also list out the movie titles with the movie recommendation -_-;, Like Inu Yasha - Love that transcends Time. I ask of this because I don't know most of the anime you guys suggest, and this would really make it easier.

Hell_Cat, :oops: yup I haven't seen the series at all. My anime viewing's been restricted only by circumstance - India didn't have anything but Cartoon Network which showed Tom n Jerry and Space Ghost. Although, about Evangilon and the first 4 dvd's, are you referring to episodes ? If not, could you give me the movie titles to it ^_^ because I can't find them.

One more thing, how expensive do you think each movie would be ^_^:?

Just type in Neo Genisis Evangilon, it should come up with something.

Okee here's a list for ya hon!:happy:

1.Inuyasha: Love that Trancends Time

2.Inuyasha: Castle Beyond the Looking Glass

3.Akira

4.Tenchi Muyo:In Love 1 and 2

5.Tenchi Muyo:Forever *warning: some nudity*

6.Neo Genisis Evangilon

7.Grave of Fireflies

8.Princess Monokie

9.Vampire Hunter D

10.Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust

11.Metropolis

12.Ghost in a Shell

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

The anime/manga selection in stores here in Canada is excellent. I've never had a problem finding anything I wanted.

I agree excellent selection. The anime is a little expensive i think. But the manga is fair priced

w-banner2.bmp

Thanks for the recommendations Hell_cat :hug: ... I'll email them to my friend right away !!

But, if you guys remember more, do post them :happy:

The anime/manga selection in stores here in Canada is excellent. I've never had a problem finding anything I wanted.
- Akira

My friend's in Mississaga (spelling?) and I have another in Toronto, can't pin-point where they live exactly, but I can find out. Do you know of particular stores where the movies Hell_Cat listed would be easily available ???

It would be easier for my friend, who knows nothing about anime, to get the titles that way :jiggle:

Media Play usually has a decent selection of anime/ manga.

Have ya considered just orderin stuff off the net Double G?

ps

grave of the fireflys was hella sad! :(

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I could order online as well Lady, but would it cost a lot ?

I have Paypal and the other worry would be Shipping Costs and/or whether they could ship it safely to India.

I remember a website Sledge had posted this once, which had box-sets for some anime. If there's a website where those listed movies are available and/or series too, post away :happy:

Cool, I hit my pal with an email ... dunno how much all this would cost me though -_-;

On a side-note, where do you guys buy your anime from ? And how's the selection over there ? Maybe I could order from there too next time around, online that is.

Thanks for the recommendations Hell_cat :hug: ... I'll email them to my friend right away !!

But, if you guys remember more, do post them :happy:

- Akira

My friend's in Mississaga (spelling?) and I have another in Toronto, can't pin-point where they live exactly, but I can find out. Do you know of particular stores where the movies Hell_Cat listed would be easily available ???

It would be easier for my friend, who knows nothing about anime, to get the titles that way :jiggle:

I know asked Akira13 but I live really close to Mississaga so some stores would be HMV, Best Buy, Sunrise, and Future Shop. But mostly HMV same of then have quite good selection

w-banner2.bmp

I know asked Akira13 but I live really close to Mississaga so some stores would be HMV, Best Buy, Sunrise, and Future Shop. But mostly HMV same of then have quite good selection

Cool !! I'll email this as well .... thanks man ^_^

Those're cool website Sledge, but a little confusing when it comes to titles and other stuff because I'm not too anime savvy with the basic terms. But, I loved ANIMEniacs for the reason that they've got soundtracks ! I'm sick of downloading half-assed ones ....