Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Buy a Tron lightcycle!

http://dvice.com/archives/2010/06/35000-gets-you.php

No need to wait for the release of Tron Legacy in December — now you can turn science fiction into science fact with a street-legal Tron Legacy lightcycle. Built from the exact specs of the movie props, there will only be five of these in existence, all lit up with LEDs and neon that will certainly be the envy of all the other motorcyclists.

Powered by the buyer's choice of a 1000cc gasoline engine or high-powered electric motor, the bikes will have custom-built 22-inch hubless wheels, and the builder even promises to include an authentic Tron helmet. You'll have to put together that lit-up fire suit yourself, a small price to pay for this dazzling authenticity.

Each of the five one-of-a-kind collector's items will have a different accent color in either red, blue, yellow, green, or orange, and the famed custom motorcycle builders at Parker Brothers Choppers say they can put this monster together for you within a couple of months. Order now — bidding starts at $35,000 — and by the time the movie hits theaters, you'll already have been riding your new lightcycle for a couple of months.

It sold for $35,000.00. O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

From the ebay page:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-Built-Motorcycles-Pro-Street-LightCycle-Tron-Lightcycle-Light-Cycle-Bike-Full-Size-Running-/220627957724?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item335e7377dc#ht_722wt_1093

Unlike the "Batpod" replica, the "Lightcycle" is being built for everyday street use. Each bike will come with a manufacterers build sheet and a certificate of title with purchase. Each bike will come with either a high powered electric motor or a high performance gasoline motor and transmission depending on the buyers needs. Be the envy of everyone who sees this bike as it will make motorcycles as you now know them seem like antiques on the road. No future "Lightcycles" will be made to ensure the value of these custom motorcycles in the coming years. They will get individual vin numbers at first order 001 to last 005 as well as the original prototype vin number 000.

The back cover opens up at the push of a button and there is a neon glow that exits from the back of the bike to resemble the lightcycles colored light trail from the original game. These bikes will also come with a TRON style helmet (Not DOT Approved) and all bikes will be available within 6-8 weeks of contract. A nominal deposit will be required to start the build and you will receive a youtube uplink to follow the progress of your individual bike until completion. Please contact us if you have questions and we can iron out the details before starting your build.

I wonder if they meant original movie or if they're referring to the original game in the movie. :P But still, imagine if you're going 70 or more on the highway at night, the leds on the back of the bike would probably make a constant light trail behind it, even tho it wouldn't last that long behind the bike, I bet it would look awesome. :D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Only bidding starts at 35K ... man, that's actually affordable. I mean even your custom made choppers run in the 100K's for the higher end models, so this definitely has a market.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.