Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Solar panels in the Sahara Desert to power Europe in 5 years

http://dvice.com/archives/2010/06/solar-panels-in.php

If a mere 1% of the Sahara Desert were covered in solar panels, enough energy would be generated to power the entire world. That's a lot of potential energy! So it only makes sense that just such a solar field is being built.

Within the next five years, a massive solar farm will begin construction, one that will continue being expanded over the coming decades. At first, it will provide a smaller proportion of energy to European nations, but as methods of transmitting so much energy are developed and the fields are expanded, that proportion should grow.

With the project slated to go until 2050, the potential is huge to get the entire continent powered by renewable energy in our lifetimes. Exciting stuff!

They could get some huge energy production. :nod:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I also wish it was sooner and I am incline to agree with Dx as well.

Here is our species trying to overcome this huge energy hurdle so our quality of life can continue to be 21st century and beyond.

Along come radical religious nutters and they blow the shit up.

Conclusion; religious nutters want to throw us all back into the dark ages where humans can go back to 'convert to my religion or I'll kill you'. Its this fucked up mentality that makes religion a threat to our species as a whole.

I'd prefer to keep my internet and cell phone and have the delusional nutters go extinct.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this