Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Possible Mortal Kombat Reboot Promo?

aCiwWy7eiec

http://kotaku.com/5558339/if-this-is-the-next-mortal-kombat-movie-sign-us-up
Michael Jai White as Jax? Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade? Baraka and Reptile as homicidal maniacs? This footage from what looks to be the next Mortal Kombat game or movie trailer is brutal, disgusting, and perfect. Reader Kev directed us to this video, featuring a realistic new take on the Mortal Kombat franchise that has more in common with movies like suspense and horror films like Seven and Saw than anything resembling the campy video game to film adaptations we've seen in the past.

Last we heard, Warner Bros. was looking to reboot the film franchise. If this is the fruit of that effort, we approve wholeheartedly.
More likely this could be a live-action trailer for the next game. Either way, we approve.

Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon has indicated that the next game in the series would be shooting for an M rating. "People want an M-rated MK....dammit we will give them an M-rated MK." This would surely do the trick.

This is way too much star power for a fan project. We're digging around for more information. Considering the timing of this trailer, however, we expect we might hear more as E3 quickly approaches.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Looks good, but that Cage fight looked a little lame where you can actually tell he's not connecting his hits.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Goddamnit, I was hoping to beat DX to this one. lol I think it looks badass! But it may not be the next film. It maybe just an introduction to where things are going. Who knows. Fucking awesome though. Pause the video at 7:12 to see what Sub-Zero looks like. So sweet.

3-1.gif

Yeah, Its a test film apparently, but I hope they keep the same premise to the story. Scorpion as the main character is fucking awesome.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66904

UPDATE: Jeri Ryan has revealed on her Twitter account what the video was made for - "Not a game trailer. Actually was made by the director to sell WB on his vision for a reimagined MK film."

Speculation has run rampant today with the debut of a short "Mortal Kombat" film (subtitled "Rebirth") that made its way anonymously to YouTube. Now, Latino Review reports that the film is, as many theorized, a test for a potential R-rated film reboot of the video game franchise.

The short is directed by Kevin Tancharoen, the director of last year's Fame, and features a cast that includes name actors like Michael Jai White (Jax), Jeri Ryan (Sonya Blade), Matt Mullins (Johnny Cage), Lateef Crowder (Baraka) and Ian Anthony Dale (Scorpion) with fight choreography by Larnell Stovall.

Though there is no guarantee that these actors will play the characters in a feature film version or even that a feature film will actually happen, the short is already a huge success online, with the word "Kombat" already a trending topic on Twitter.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

yarg now I gotta go watch mortal combat amv's......

yu yu is first lol

make~the~movie~

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

So... Deadpool became Baracka... And Baracka became that black guy that Lui Kang beat in the first MK film?... dang... those are some bad switches...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

This is amazing ! and it surely doesn't look to be another dissapointment like Prince of Persia (hope jake dies in a car crash). I thought sub zero was a good guy in the original mortal kombat plot, and I wrong ?

"A Devil disguised as an Angel"

This is amazing ! and it surely doesn't look to be another dissapointment like Prince of Persia (hope jake dies in a car crash). I thought sub zero was a good guy in the original mortal kombat plot, and I wrong ?
A (former) grudge between 2 rival ninja clans... Well as they say... The winners write history...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.