Sign in to follow this  
Camron

SC2 Beta + Map Editor goodness

Anyone in the Starcraft 2 beta?

If you are you can add: Camron.noe

In the most recent Beta patch Blizzard released the Starcraft II Editor (Galaxy Editor) and I've been able to play around with it a bit. In case you haven't really been following the scene here are some videos that show some of the possibilities:

joNPrnY4K_4

fFbFCTziw28

Edit: Thanks Kite!

Edited by Camron

yeah i have beta also...eppyomega is mine...and the embed is easy just use the code of the video in the YT tags

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I apparently am mentally challenged as I cannot for the life of me get videos to embed. I've tried putting the URL in the (YOUTUBE)(/YOUTUBE) brackets.. I've tried the autoparse option. I've tried the youtube brackets with the autoparse links/videos disabled.. and nothing seems to work.

Also: That's not how names work.. You have to have a name and an identifier. (ie: name.identifier ) I can't add with just the name.

I've got it too, but my godd am I terrible at multiplayer. Name is "Aveyax".

No worries I'm extremely bad too.

I hear in the next beta patch we'll be able to play custom maps though ;)

Edited by Camron

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

On topic, personally i perfer the campaigns to muliplayer, not 100% if ill get this game after the total disappointment in the new C&C game, lost faith in rts

Starcraft and C&C are apples and oranges sir. It's an apple made by Blizzard. I'm not really fanboy but it's really hard to argue against the quality of a Blizzard game.

I am however on the opposite end of the spectrum and I'm mostly looking forward to the multiplayer. Not the standard RTS portion (build a base and fight your enemies) -- but the hordes of custom maps that make the game a completely different game.

From what I've seen though they've put a TON of effort into the campaign.. so much they decided to make separate games for each race because of the epic scale and scope of the things they wanted to do with it.

i see how it is cammy...ignore my help when i told you how to fix your embed problem...just cause i didnt give you fancy longwinded instructions :P...and i think mine is eppy.eppyomega

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link