Sign in to follow this  
Kite

Young Justice' Animated Series Officially Announced

young-justice.jpg

Back in February, word broke that a "Young Justice" animated series was in the works when Stephanie Lemelin revealed that she had been cast as Arrowette. And while the young actress subsequently removed the post from her website, the official confirmation has finally been made.

Earlier today at Cartoon Network's Upfront presentation in New York, it was announced that the new "Young Justice" animated series will debut on Cartoon Network during the 2010 - 2011 season.

The series will focus on Robin, Superboy, Artemis, Kid Flash, Miss Martian and Aqualad as they attempt to prove that they have what it takes to become the next generation of the Justice League. Sam Register ("Batman: The Brave and the Bold") is the executive producer with Greg Weisman ("The Spectacular Spider-Man") and Brandon Vietti ("The Batman") on board as producers.

The "Young Justice" comic book series debuted in 1998 and ran for 55 issues. Although the concept was created by Todd DeZago and artist Todd Nauck, the majority of the series was written by prolific comic book scribe Peter David.

It's interesting to note that Wonder Girl and Secret — two of the primary characters in the "Young Justice" comic — are missing from the animated lineup. Additionally, Arrowette has apparently been renamed "Artemis."

The animated "Young Justice" also appears to be heavily influenced by the "Teen Titans" relaunch by Geoff Johns, that featured Impluse as Kid Flash and later introduced Miss Martian to the DC Universe.

marvel drops 2 kick ass shows and DC come up with this ;p

based on the animation style, it looks like it will have the audience of batman beyond in mind, meaning teenager as opposed to 5 year olds

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

:picknose:

For a second there I thought it was the kid version of "To Catch A Predator"...

Superboy still should beware of Catholic Priests with kryptonite...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

watched the 1hr pilot, was awesome

better animation then JL,

shaping up to be awesome

only thing that annoys me is the scaling of powers like JL did

kidflash isnt that fast, and superboy isnt that strong,

sigpic1620_11.gif

really good show,

better animation then JL:U but serious story

superboy is under powered

always annoys me about Superman in cartoons,

he is the strongest their is, but to make other characters worth while they really weaken him, he is slow, and weak compared to how he is portrayed in comics

sigpic1620_11.gif

I finally started watching this series, I've missed quite a few eps. I was expecting it to be a bit like teen titans, but its really far from that. When they say "Young" Justice, it really stands for young adults as in like 17-19 year olds. The entire regular Justice Leage is in this series too which is awesome and the episode focuses most on the younger members of the league. Good potential with this series. I'll definitely watch more episodes.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg