Sign in to follow this  
Kite

Percy Jackson star is the new Spider-Man

Percy_Jackson_trident-thumb-550x336-33783.jpg

Looks like Sony has found its new Spider-Man, and his name is Percy Jackson: Logan Lerman, star of this year's Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, is "almost 100 percent locked" to take over the role of the webslinger from Tobey Maguire.

That's the report today on HitFix.com, citing anonymous sources:

HitFix has exclusively learned that Logan Lerman is first choice for Sony Pictures and the clear frontrunner to replace Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker in the reboot of the blockbuster franchise. A source close to the production tells HitFix Lerman is "almost 100% locked" but not in contract negotiations for the role yet.

Marc Webb ("500 Days of Summer") is directing the new untitled "Spider-Man" which is being written by James Vanderbilt ("Zodiac," "The Losers") and is meant to be a more teen-friendly incarnation, taking Peter Parker back to his early days of balancing girl trouble, homework, and crimefighting. The new film is expected to begin production later this year for a July 3, 2012 release.

Lerman reportedly beat out rumored contenders Anton Yelchin, Jesse Eisenberg, Patrick Fugit and Johnny Simmons.

Lerman's other credits include Gamer, My One and Only, Bill, 3:10 to Yuma and the TV series Jack & Bobby, in which he played Bobby.

source

http://scifiwire.com/2010/04/rumor-percy-jackson-star.php

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

What I'm kinda dreading is a whole new oirgin story or how he becomes spider-man >,< I just really don't want to have to sit through that considering the 2001 movie pretty much did a really good job with it. Most of the time these origins they come up with take up at least 30 minutes or more...I know some movies, which seem to flop, seem to dwell heavily on their origin stories to the point of boredom or losing interest.

The thing that kills me is that the majority of the fans going to watch these movies all know the origins. Just skip the damn origins and go into a new movie.

Remember every time they changed the batman characters in those old horrible movies? At least they didn't redo the origin story every single time.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The rumor that popped up over the weekend that Logan Lerman, star of Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, was "almost 100 percent locked" to take over as the webslinger from Tobey Maguire? It may have been nothing more than that, according to deadline.com.

Insiders at Sony report that not only was Lerman 100 percent not going to be Spidey, he wasn't even on the list of candidates being seriously considered.

found this

http://scifiwire.com/2010/04/percy-jackson-the-new-spi.php

Percy Jackson the new Spider-Man? Not so fast, says Sony

Since back in January Lerman stated that "conversations are starting" for him to take over the role, and then in February he had to back off from that claim by saying that "the truth is that was kind of exaggerated," we're not sure what to think about these conflicting reports.

So what do you make of Logan Lerman's on-again, off-again love affair with Spider-Man?

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

gah.. i hate the constant reboot crap.. i wish they'd just change an actor and do a movie with a decent plot... and if it doesn't follow the timeline of the previous movie, then oh well.. let it be a stand alone movie without the need for a constant trilogy of movies...

just as long as no movie franchise ever turns into one of the multiple batman movies...

post-1-135551584869_thumb.jpg

:err:

As it is now, the new spider-man movie will be given time and money to make it into something good.. but if its just a rehash of the first movie, I don't see how it will do good. Seeing as Hulk was rebooted shortly after the first Hulk movie, it wasn't so bad because it was a vastly different movie in terms of origins, characters, etc. but from what I've seen for this spider-man remake, they have spidey's parents picked out, his uncle, etc.. it sounds like a complete redo of something we've already seen 2 movies of. (i say 2, because spider-man 3 was not good). But what will happen when this actor gets to old to play the college guy? or if the studio rushes the next 3rd movie in the series to make a quick buck? will they redo spider-man again? this time staring a teenage Justin Bieber to attract yet a new younger female audience?

attachment.php?attachmentid=795&d=1272031548

gah! :noway:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg