Sign in to follow this  
HKofsesshoumaru

New to WOW

I was being blatantly sarcastic and making a funny. =) I know damn well how difficult it can get. Warlocks had one of the hardest times during Phase 3 Yogg before the nerfs. Before everyone discovered how much easier it was to have them all be Affliction for that phase alone, Destro was pulling aggro from the spawns like crazy and either the locks or the tanks would get instagibbed when healers moved to make up for that. It was a mess.

But Arena is 10x harder than raiding, imo. Yeah, it comes down to macros, but you have to make them first. Know which ones to make. Make sure they are implemented correctly. Get used to their locations and know when to use them. It really is harder than it souns. I could never do it but with a few mandatory macros. DPS'ing in arena is a lot more than just spamming Sinister Strike or Mutilate. As a rogue, we had one of the most complex requirements to actually be "good" at arena. As Mut spec, you had to conserve your energy for just the right time. You had to watch for particular procs to happen and listen to your team mate to know when to unload. Juggling interrupts was also necessary. Gouge, Kick, Kidney Shot, Blind, etc. All sharing cool downs with either your own abilities or with your partners. These had to be called out and managed properly or you are gonna miss or waste a mandatory interrupt and get PoM Pyro'ed, or the like. It's fucking crazy complicated. It gets even worse when you are responsible for keeping interrupts on more than one target. Like being Subtlety specced and putting pressure on one target (Like a DPS/CC caster) and watching their healer pop in and out of LoS, Shadowstep to that healer, kick or gouge them, use Premeditation and Shadowstep right back to the DPS/CC caster and interrupt whatever big ass attack they had winding up, hoping you were too busy with the healer to notice. Then call out to your partner to CC that healer one or two more times while you finish off the DPS caster.

Good stuff. But it takes a tremendous amount of skill to do all of that and a whole more, especially in the higher brackets, on a consistent basis without choking or having a stroke. My adrenaline would get so high sometimes my hands would shake too hard for me to do my job. Its nuts.

So, to say that WoW PVP is a joke is really kind of unfair and a bit ignorant, if you haven't actually been in the mix. That's just my 2 cents and fervent defense of my hobby/obsession of 5 years. lol

Meh, I'm used to the sarcasm about locks. Got a lot of it when I raided and I picked up on it. Just wanted to point out to HK it isn't that easy.

WoW PvP is a joke only from the experience I've had (only being World PvP and BG oriented). I'm making only an informed opinion based on watching my friend in arena and researching it. Like I said having a life takes away from the ability to devout the time needed to do the arena (full-time student with a full-time job gave me very little time to do anything in WoW, one of many reasons I quit). I originally planned on trying it out but considering that every arena team on my server does it purely for gear and your only considered to be on a team based on gear and resilience it took away from the fun I saw in it. Nobody on my server did it for fun so I just didn't take it up.

I do agree though it is a bit ignorant to comment on something I've never done but like I said from a logical standpoint it's nothing but macros and reaction time. Skill is a factor but that skill comes at the cost of giving up actually having a life, something I just don't respect or really see a point in. I do respect those who juggle it with raiding and actually having a life though because it takes a lot to raid, arena (and be good at it), and have a life outside of the game.

But meh, it's a game. Getting worked up over it is silly and adolescent. We all had our fun and most of us moved on from it now it seems (either waiting for the next MMO or moving on with their life (I'm in both, sadly no good MMO's will be coming out for a long while).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I feel ya. Full time job + full time student + 2 kids and a wife = No effin' time for raiding anymore. =\ I pulled it off in the Army, but at a great expense of family time. Was great in Korea. =P

3-1.gif

This seems like its going to be sucking up alot of time if I want to get anywhere. Im a fulltime student, mom of 2 and married so yeah where do I find time for WOW? That 2 to 3 hour period when the baby takes a nap so I wont be getting to the end of the game anytime soon. However I would like to point out that at least all the WOW players here realize how much time it takes from family. Did I mention Im a part of WOW widows? Yeah it was pretty bad there for a while untill I joined. Now we play together BUT I can only do like 2 hours max before it gets boring. I do have a life as I mentioned earlier.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

were all wow vets from server launch or beta

and to go 5 years means were all relatively hardcore players (were)

i miss parts of wow, such as improving a character that lasts as opposed to a FF game where you reach the end and thats it

I cant decide which class i liked most,

Paladin, warrior, rogue, Death knight, shaman and hunter are ones i believe myself experienced in and all have there pro's and cns

wow did a truly amazing job are revolutionising gaming and mmo's and class development

that being said, MMO's are more fun when played with IRL people and sadly mine all left one by one

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Sign in to follow this