Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Actor Corey Haim dies at age 38

Former ’80s teen heartthrob had struggled with drug addiction

LOS ANGELES - Corey Haim, a 1980s teen heartthrob for his roles in “Lucas” and “The Lost Boys” whose career was blighted by drug abuse, has died. He was 38.Haim died at 2:15 a.m. Wednesday at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, Los Angeles County coroner’s Lt. Cheryl MacWillie said.

An autopsy will determine the cause of death and there were no other details, she said. Police Sgt. Michael Kammert said there’s no evidence of foul play.

Haim acknowledged his struggle with drug abuse to The Sun in 2004.“I was working on ‘Lost Boys’ when I smoked my first joint,” he told the British tabloid.

“I did cocaine for about a year and a half, then it led to crack,” he said.

Haim said he went into rehabilitation and was put on prescription drugs. He took both stimulants and sedatives such as Valium.

“I started on the downers which were a hell of a lot better than the uppers because I was a nervous wreck,” he said. “But one led to two, two led to four, four led to eight, until at the end it was about 85 a day.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/35796600#35796600

very sad, another person drugs have killed. My lil sis absolutely loved him from when she was a small fry herself. She's gonna be sad :(

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

i just hope up and coming stars learn from the mistakes of the previous generation and say no to drugs all together

may he rest in peace

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

RIP COREY. Also, RIP DJ AM. He died of drugs too not to long ago. Guy survives a plane crash and then ODs. WTF is happening out there? People DRUGS KILL!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Its perfectly legal to go to your doctor and have him hook you up w/ a pharmy cocktail. It is these Rx-legal drugs that are killing the shit out of people. Look at the list of celebs that died in the past 6 months or so; Rx drug overdose.

While we're wasting time money and lives the war on drugs has turned the borderlands into killing fields.

Legalize and tax pot already.

My sis was watching some of the coverage. One of his ex girlfriends said it was a publicist still alive and well that molested Corey when he was a kid

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this