Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

0 tolerance in schools....

7th Grader Suspended For Saying No To Drugs?!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeztZ3sz4ks]YouTube- 7th Grader Suspended For Saying No To Drugs?! (Video)[/ame]

Arrested for Doodling on a Desk? "Zero Tolerance" at Schools Is Going Way Too Far

This week, the FBI announced it was launching an investigation into a surveillance scandal out of Lower Merion County, Pennsylvania, where it was recently discovered that school officials had used Web cams on school-issued laptops to spy on a student, 15-year-old Blake Robbins.

Robbins was falsely accused of possessing illicit drugs after the vice principal at his high school, Lindy Matskhis, called him into a meeting where she revealed that she had seen images of him at home through his laptop. According to Robbins' attorney, Mark Haltzman, "She called him into the office and told him, basically, 'I've been watching what was on the Web cam and saw what was in your hands. I've been reading what you've been typing, and I'm afraid you are involved in drugs and trying to sell pills.'"

Matskhis, it turned out, was grievously mistaken. What looked like pills turned out to be Mike and Ike candies.

Robbins' parents sued. Now the case has prompted a debate about student privacy and the threat of technological overreach.

My daughter got her phone taken when it did an email alert but the jock sitting next to her texting got a warning. :nah:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

:picknose:

School Policy...

Don't

tell people you
do
see, smell or touch
drugs.

Fine print... its a nuisance...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Sign in to follow this