Sign in to follow this  
Dubird

Need help replacing Blogger

Ok, here's the thing. For a long time, Blogger allowed you to use FTP to send your blog to your own server. Which was awesome and worked great for me since my site is mostly other stuff, and the 'blog' was really just news posts. Well, they recently announced that they're discontinuing FTP use, meaning now if you want to use Blogger, you have to have it hosted on their site. Which is made of suck. So I need a replacement. Yes, I could install Wordpress, but the problem is that I have sites hosted on two servers, under two main domain names. I'd like something like Blogger, being an online publishing tool, that I could use instead so I don't have to have two seperate Wordpresses and have to log in two seperate places. So, any suggestions?

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

No clue ... I always thought blogging sites would be easy to edit/ maintain, and was thinking of starting one, but I lack the time and attention for it. Plus, I'm predictable.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Maybe you could install one wordpress, make a seperate category for each of your sites, then use that one installation to post your updates.. You'd have to put a rss parser script on your sites tho. And thats assuming that each category on that one wordpress install has their own rss feeds. *shrugs* Just installing two wordpresses would probably be easier. Maybe google or facebook has an app like blogger that could work?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Google owns Blogger now, so yeah, that's the problem. I think I can install the blog software on dubird.net, and configure the gwg to read that database since it already reads one on there anyways, i may be able to make that work. i gotta test it and find out. ><

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg