Sign in to follow this  
Kite

Final Fantasy I and II coming to iPhone

Final Fantasy I and II coming to iPhone

final-fantasy-coming-to-iphone-0.jpg

Square Enix has announced that both Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II will be coming to the iPhone and iPod touch later this year. Originally released on the NES back in 1987 and 1988, both games have been revamped to feature touchscreen controls.

The first game's plot revolves around four warriors working to rebalance the elements of a world out of kilter, taking down a "nefarious entity" that's screwing around with time. The second game features another four warriors, this time working to defeat a "malevolent emperor" who's summoning demons. Demons are never good.

Both titles have been improved a little for their iPhone and iPod touch debut - in addition to the touchscreen controls there'll also be additional dungeons that weren't present in the original games, and bonus content that can be accessed when you've completed the main game.

So far, there's no release date or price, but there is a website, Facebook page and Twitter feed. Keep an eye on all three of those, and Pocket-lint obviously, for more news as it breaks.

hmm, wonder if 3-9 will go

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I have ii. It's good for an iPhone game. I would love to see ff tactics come out for the iPhone because it is one of the hidden treasures no one really talks about. I'm not talking about the crappy advance ones. I'm talking the original. No videos or stupid shit. Just the last non 3d final fantasy.

mimiruzr2.jpg

I'm called a hypocrite for listening to rap, liking stem cell research, having long hair, and speaking my mind and I registered Republican.

Gamertag: FORDno50