Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

girl power movies and series

Seriously yo, I'm about to go the fuck insane. -_-;

My sis is on her 3rd hospitalization since November, mentally and emotionally she's just about to give up, roll over and die. Pain every day every night; its just devastating to have all this shit go on and on.

During a previous hospitalization I got her to watch Berserk with me, Gutts always makes me feel better so I tried. She liked it okay I guess but I'm thinking if I can show her something with a lead female character overcoming insurmountable odds, well she might take a step towards empowering herself. Its easier to show people what you want them to do then to talk about it until you're blue in the face ne?

She doesn't watch anime or much sci fi, but she liked Berserk so I thought maybe I've got something else she might like. I've considered Wolf's Rain but thats too fuckin depressing to show her in this state. I don't want any fuckin drama shit either, she's dealing with enough of that as it is being sick for months and her b/f is daily drama... not necessarily comedy either, something to make her think 'well if so and so can do that I can get up and walk' kind of shit.

Movies or shorter series suggestions? :huh:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

nevermind. she'd rather die and I'm not gonna sit back and watch it anymore

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I walked outta the hospital today (before I started screaming and cussing and getting banned) and I reallllllllllly don't think I'm going back.

you can't help someone that wont help themselves and I'm not going to keep ignoring my/my families needs for bullshit

3 months is fuckin enough

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

bah... yeah sorry. It was a really bad day.

The docs are moving her to Upstate to let the neuro docs have a crack at her.

Its been a slow drive through hell.

Even though its not girl power, Ippo is underdog power so I'm thinking I'll show her the first few eps. He's an easy character to like and cheer for from the start and Takamura is an ass but fun to admire. Its an easy series to get into. Maybe seeing some fighting spirit will give her some.

I gotta get positive about this shit yo it sux

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

For movie, Kill Bill for sure lol.

For anime, I recommend Princess Nine. I don't want to spoil it but it deals with boy troubles, body image issues, jealousy, suicidal thoughts, and giving up hope etc as the series progress. Just little patient with this and anyone would fall in love with this series.

And Escaflowne is just too beautiful anime even though it isn't girl power anime.

If your sister likes bloody slaughtering action, try Elfen Lied. All girls power there. But this anime is really depressing.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

Yes! Ippo!! Cos Ippo's the guy who won't give up, and Takamaru's brilliant funny X'D ... sorry to hear about it.

Or you could also have her watch Comedies if it cheers her up ... like Ferris B's day out, Night at the Rox, Romy & Michele's high school reunion ... silly bubbly humor ;)

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.