I have been uploading my PS4 videos to youtube for a while now and I wanted to make this guide to explain how it is done. Until the Playstation 4 gets an update that will allow direct video uploading / sharing to youtube, the only option available is to upload your videos to facebook. In this quick guide I explain how to save your uploaded video off of facebook in HD and then how to upload it to youtube. It is very easy.
First off, you have to have a facebook account and you have to connect your PS4 account to it. If you don't want to share your videos to your friends and family, then set your PS4 to share only visible to you. Or make a group on facebook, add the friends you want to see your videos to it and then go back to your PS4 facebook settings and select that group to share videos with. Once you do that, then follow this guide for sharing to youtube.
1) You need Firefox and the Video DownloadHelper addon installed. If you already have firefox then install the addon. If you don't like firefox and prefer chrome, then good for you. Install firefox and this addon anyway just for saving your videos. You can get them from these links:
As you can see in this picture, the addon will add an icon with menu drop down to the top right of the browser:
2) Play a game on your PS4 and share a video to facebook. Its best if you give the video a name because it makes the video have a noticeable click-able link on facebook. On facebook, go to your timeline and click on the name of the video. This will take you to a page specifically for the video and not a popup lightbox version. You will want to be on the video page itself. If you don't name the video, you'll have to click the "your name shared a video" link instead.
3) Now that you are on the video page, do not play it. Instead click the HD button to initiate playback in HD.
4) Once the video is playing you will notice that the Video DownloadHelper icon is now animated and colorful. This means there is a video loaded that you can save. Click the icon and save the video.
5) For some reason, my screenshot did not grab the drop down menu. It shows the video name as a large garble of numbers and letters because that is how the video is saved on facebook. So rename the video to whatever you want but make sure it keeps the .mp4 extension. Also, if you accidentally started playing your video before hitting the HD button, there will be two .mp4 files listed in the Video DownloadHelper drop down. Because the file names make no sense, simply hover over each one to see the file sizes of the videos. Whichever is the largest is the HD video you want to save.
6) Your PS4 video in HD is now saved. All you have to do now is upload it to youtube. I'm assuming you have a youtube account. Sign in, click the upload link shown in this screenshot. It will bring you to this upload screen. Click the large red upload icon and select the video(s) you want to upload.
7) Now that your video is uploading, give the video a name, description and type in a bunch of tags so people can find your video easier. Choose a screenshot for your image or make your own, save it and you are all set.
8) Your Playstation 4 HD videos are now on youtube.
This may sound odd to some of you, but I have more or less taken a break from music for about 2 decades. I used to listen to a variety of music in the past (mostly in the 90s) when I was in high school and mostly when I was driving my car. I used to enjoy car stereo hardware back then too. I installed my own systems, I had an amp in the back with two 12 inch subwoofers in my trunk. But I only listened to music when I was driving because I have some concentration issues when listening to music while doing work that requires concentration. I was a bad multi-tasker. Anyway.. I sit at a computer and type all day and I there is a coworker that sits near me that now drives me insane with coughing.. three months now of constant deep, guttural, bronchitis coughing. Its like a bullhorn going off randomly every 1-5 minutes of every hour of every day.
I recently borrowed Lady's MP3 player and with my skull candy earbuds, I have been able to silence the coughing woman with blaring music in my ears. And guess what! I was still able to concentrate. I believe this woman's cough has broken my concentration wall completely. Loud music is nothing compared to listening to her coughing. Now that I can listen to music again outside of a car, I honestly have no idea what music I should listen to. So I started listening to whatever she had on the mp3 player. Turns out I still like a large variety of music and just about everything outside of the 90s is all new to me.
Anyone have any suggestions for what I should listen to? I've currently been listening to Journey, The Police, Fleetwood Mac, anime soundtracks for Air Gear, Naruto, Fairy Tail and a bunch of other songs. Anything anyone recommends, I will listen to it. I need to figure out what I like again and I won't know unless I check out a variety of songs. I think I'm leaning more towards rock and anime soundtracks at this point, but I'll listen to just about anything.
Since having to help raise kids for the past 10 something years, I have never had the chance to actually own a decent pair of earbuds or headphones because kids would always need new ones, or theirs would break and borrow their mom's just to end up destroying those to.
Anyway, kid free now and I'm enjoying the little purchases again. lol.
So, I bought these earbuds about a week ago for playing games on my laptop:
Skullcandy S2IKDY-101 Ink'd 2.0 Earbud Headphones with Mic
So far they sound amazing and I'm really liking the quality of sound I'm getting out of them.
What earbuds or headphones do you use?
When I first heard about Google Glass I thought it was a dumb concept. Now here it is a few years later and Google is going through with their creation. This accessory will connect to your smart phone / device and it will allow the wearer to access parts of the internet and take pictures / videos of everything they see. They could technically stream their entire day online. I don't think employers would allow it in the workplace.. but that won't stop individuals from now recording everyone without their consent and uploading everything to youtube.
What do you think about Google Glass? Will you be interested in getting one? Or will you be more irritated by people wearing them because you'll have to assume they are always recording?