Sign in to follow this  
Dubird

The James Cameron one, not the last airbender. Just got back from seeing it, and have to say, despite the very predictable storyline and the rather blandness of the main, I'd still give it an A. Minus, but still an A. The setting is interesting, there's lots of neat things to watch, and the visuals were made of so much awesome that it's absolutly beautiful to look at. It was a bit abrupt in places, which are spots that I suspect were cut for time, but like I said, the story is predictable so you can pretty much guess what happened anyways. It was very entertaining and beautiful to watch, so I'd recommend it. Didn't see it in 3D or Imax, mostly because I get motion sick at those, but I suspect it to be much more beautiful in those. Definatly worth a look-see.

This one also proves that Zoe Saldena actually is a good actress, so I put her crappy Uhura down to poor writing and direction, and hope she can save her in the next one.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Zoe <3 ... didn't know she was in this one! Now I'll have to watch it *damnit* ... either way, did you know that Cameron has been suspected of plagiarism ... Avatar seems to be taken off Poul Anderson's Call Me Joe. I'll be honest, I was thinking of going for it on Friday, but backed out cos everyone was saying the same thing 1. good effects 2. predictable story, the latter I'm not very fond of.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I thought it was great. Saw it with 3D glasses. I'll be getting it if & when I ever get to buying more Blu-Rays.

That and the matter I still have to figure out the best way to get a 3DTV...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

movie was amazing. I liked how they didn't give one side more power then the other. Throughout the last battle it went back and forth like 4 times before a victor was deemed. Although we already knew who would win :D.

I also liked how there really wasn't 1 lead character. There was actually a few.

I give it a 9/10

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

so... its worth it for the visual presentation but it was predictable ne?

I'll wait.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Definitely a theater only movie, and I watched it in 3D, but from the second front row, extreme left X'D ... and the only thing that bothered me were the glasses cos I'm not used to em. Either way, the graphics were awesome, story was so-so, but enjoyable. I wanna watch it again on IMAX 3D.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

so so so so so amazing. saw it in imax, and for everyone that's saying the story was bad, I didn't find it so bland and predictable like everyone said. it was pretty good, not one of the best story lines ever, but still very enjoyable. so amazing to see in the theater :) i'd recommend seeing in the theater if you can ^^

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

got the ticket for tomorrow night (wednesday).

i'll be seeing it after all.

EDIT:

Saw it with 3D glasses. I thought it could do without..it wasn't a big deal for me. The storyline was very parallel to a 3D animated movie Battle for Terra except for some minor differences in details and characters.

I'm just comparing these 2 movies but Battle for Terra had more of original in creating completely new Native aliens and its culture, something totally different than what you would normally see, while Avatar integrated both from African and Native American culture on Native aliens which I thought was lame.

But yea all in all it was enjoyable and I liked seeing new creatures and all and action scenes were good too.

Edited by slippers

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg