Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Time Warner is hungry for money

I got this email from Time Warner:

post-1-135551584612_thumb.jpg

Time Warner charges out the ass for cable, and now they want to charge more money. They blame the network companies, which I'm sure are money hungry bastards too, but this is f*cking ridiculous. Time Warner sends an email like this in an attempt to increase our bills and say that the majority customers chose: "Rolled Over".

Or, my guess is they will disable quite a few channels in our packages to make the networks lower their price because the customer's said "Get Tough", and when the networks drop their prices, Time Warner will turn those channels back on, but still increase our prices to the same prices as "Rolled Over" to maximize their profits.

Our TW bill keeps going up over the years in about $10-$15 increments. I'm tempted to check the prices for directtv, dish network or verizon. What really pisses me off is that TW has a complete monopoly in this region. And seriously, when a company has a monopoly, they are the ones that set the prices. This email is BS and Time Warner is only interested in profits and justifying their actions.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

bullshit

no reason for everyone to be jackin prices for the exact same service

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I haven't gotten an email about this. Then again I canceled my Cable TV & Cable Phone. Then switched over to Magic Jack & Subscribing to you tube Anime. The best changes I've ever made in my life.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

There are times when I miss having cable, but for the most part, I don't need it. There's only a few shows I really want to watch, and those I can get online. I do have TW cable internet, but that's it.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      I got some notifications from Time Warner that I can now upgrade my modem to take advantage of higher internet speeds. I thought it was a spam email at first until I got an actual letter from Time Warner telling me the same thing. Seeing that Time Warner has never once improved their network in my area, I assumed all their profits went straight to their shareholders and they'd never improve their actual infrastructure. Turns out I was wrong. Time Warner is actually improving their service. Holy crap. Turns out they've been rolling out these upgrades across the country for a few years now and my area is finally ready. Check out the new speeds:
      http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/enjoy/better-twc/internet.html
      I'll be requesting my new modem today. Once I get it I'll most likely reduce my plan too. I am on the extreme plan which will now be "Ultimate 200". I can drop my internet down to the new extreme plan now. I'm not streaming 4k netflix and at this time and I don't think I'll need a 200/20 MBPS connection. Anyone else get an upgrade to your internet?
    • By Sledgstone
      http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2014/02/19/stunner-facebook-to-buy-whatsapp-for-16-billion-in-cash-stock/

Eppy pointed this out to me the other day.. I use WhatsApp all the time.. I really don't understand the $19 billion price tag.. I bet the instagram people are kicking themselves in the ass for only getting $1 billion back in 2012.
    • By Sledgstone
      http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/03/call-of-duty-microtransactions/

I'm not interested in paying $2 to cover my gun in bacon. I've already spent enough money on this game.. My only concern will be if they start selling things that will give people an advantage.

Battlefield has done the microtransactions for a while now. Buy some new dog tags, etc. But when BF3 started selling vehicle and class unlocks I felt pretty pissed off. The amount of time it took me to get all those unlocks to get better weapons available and now people can pay money and have an advantage over others that don't have heat seekers unlocked on jets or something. The only reason I can understand these unlock purchases are because people have already put their time in on the game but on a different console or PC and don't want to play 80 hours to get the same unlocks again.

I still don't like it tho. I hope Call of Duty doesn't start doing that either. Its all about money.. and with all the new money they'll make from selling $2 bacon skins, will they re-invest that money into improving the game and maybe getting some actual servers? No.. instead I'll be stuck getting killed by some bacon gun right after another laggy server migration. x_x
    • By Sledgstone
      http://gizmodo.com/5665721/news-corp-bans-cablevision-customers-from-watching-hulu
      Any time warner cable customer should know about their "Roll over or get tough" campaigns where they want customer input on their money wars with content providers. But Fox/News Corp takes the cake with this bullshit. Banning cablevision high speed users from accessing their videos on hulu has nothing to do with the cable fees related to their channel programming. Hulu covers its costs with advertisements not with channel fees for cable customers. This is why we need Net Neutrality.
    • By Sledgstone
      Here is the email I received from vbulletin:
      The vbulletin team announced that vBulletin 4.0 would come out by the end of June 2009. It is October 14th today and with an announcement like this and a new website, you would think vbulletin 4.0 has finally been released! But no! It is still in alpha testing, there is no demo available and I have been given the opportunity to purchase the upgrade to the suite for the $130 discount for only 16-17 more days. And they still have not announced when the vb 4.0 version will even come out.
      And even though I bought the blog add-on for $50 a year ago, I get the same discount price as someone who only owns just the forum license. wtf.
      When my license support renewal is up, which last year would have costed me $40 for updates, will now cost me $195 for the new license if I haven't paid the $130 or more by then to download vbulletin 4.0 which may still not be out by then considering they are 4 months behind schedule with no product.
      So. We will probably continue running vb 3.8 until we find another alternative or vbulletin changes their pricing structure (which I'm sure they won't). I wouldn't mind paying for new forum software, we've spent plenty on vb over the years with renewal costs and one time purchases. But I can't justify staying with the company because of the part I have put in bold above.
      If we use just the forums and pay the initial upgrade price of $195 or so in january and switch to a free blog system because the version we have won't be compatible with vb 4.0... we'll still be stuck with another issue. Once vb 5.0 comes out (which should be 12-18 months according to a staff member), we'll have to buy a brand new vbulletin license for version 5 at the full price of another $195. And assuming a new major release then comes out every 1 or 2 years, it'll be hundreds of dollars every year or two just to keep using this software that still doesn't do everything I want it to do.
      I'm really starting to hate vbulletin. If I want to stay with this forum software, the only way I'll save money is by paying the cheaper upgrade cost of $130 which gives me the entire suite, but I only have 16 days to make my decision or pay $200 in January and only get the forum software.
      WTF!
      Anyone have any forum or blog recommendations? I was thinking about invision power board, but they're in the process of releasing a new cms like system and I don't know if that will be bundled in with their current suite. But even ipb is $250 for the suite with $60 renewal costs. But even that price is better than the new vbulletin price structure. Apparently, I have to make a decision within 16 days. *kicks vB in the balls*