Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Two thousand ten... or 2010?

Two thousand ten... or 2010?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Two thousand ten... or 2010?

• Its the year, "Two thousand ten"
    • Its the year, "Twenty ten"

It's "Twenty Ten" as far as I'm concerned in the year "Twenty O' Nine"... But either way is fine.

I'm sure though most people will stop saying "Two Thousand" when the year is 2021... Because saying "Two Thousand and Twenty One" is just too long.

Although if anyone strongly disagrees with that... Then feel free to continue to party like it's "Nineteen Hundred and Ninety Nine... Or better yet... Celebrate like it's "One Thousand, Nine Hundred, Ninety Nine".

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Bah, crazy people and their pronunciation. Twenty Ten Winter Olympics sound freaking weird.
But wouldn't Two Thousand & Ten (2,010) Winter Olympics sound like that's how many they've had?

Twenty Ten (2010) sounds more like a year number instead of a sequel number.

Also I'm pretty sure there hasn't been 2,009 Winter Olympics so far.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Nope because then it'd be the Two Thousand And Tenth Winter Olympics, so it doesn't sound weird. Two Thousand And Ten or Two Thousand Ten for me ^_^

What'd you call 2001? Two Thousand One or Twenty O One? Same logic.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.