Sign in to follow this  
slippers

Is it feminine for a guy to wear a hairpin with hair up kinda?

My hair is still little short on sides about little over chin length so mostly I wear a hat and/or wear a ponytail whatever. Anyway what I do is I wear a high ponytail and then before the last loop I bend the ponytail in half and tuck it in..kinda looks like a ballerina hairbun y'know what I mean. I saw this one Prof wears same hairstyle as mine minus the hairpins since his hair is decently long. I wore it a couple times like this to school and no one said anything..yet. It's okay since I'm still trying to grow my hair out, right? It's barely noticeable..?

1TIE1.jpg

1TIE2.jpg

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

Hotness.

I don't know anything about ponytail's but I'm guessing bending it into half makes it look shorter/ more manageable for the hat/ cap? Kinda gives it a cleaner look than a longer ponytail, but long ponytail's have their own charm. Let the women of AC tell you!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Not something I'd do... Never seen any other guy do it.

Then again maybe I'm not one to talk...

When I had a thicker head of hair I had a habit of doing vertical pigtails.

And in other cases having a face like Cousin It...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I think it looks good, not girly at all :)

ps chicks dig guys with ponytails :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

^^ X'D

Thanks Lady :-p

Hotness.

I don't know anything about ponytail's but I'm guessing bending it into half makes it look shorter/ more manageable for the hat/ cap? Kinda gives it a cleaner look than a longer ponytail, but long ponytail's have their own charm. Let the women of AC tell you!

Whenever I wear a hat, I just wear a ponytail. But when I do that hair in the pics, I put hairpins on each side so that my hair on sides don't get in my face but yea it looks neater and the weather here is still hot most of the time so it cools my neck too.

Not something I'd do... Never seen any other guy do it.

Then again maybe I'm not one to talk...

When I had a thicker head of hair I had a habit of doing vertical pigtails.

And in other cases having a face like Cousin It...

Guys with long hair here mostly let their hair loose. Some even have nicer hair than girls O_O;; I've seen girls do that when they workout but it's just a convenience thing for me.

LOL vertical pigtails? Hmm. I should try that sometime.

Guys with long hair here mostly let their hair loose. Some even have nicer hair than girls O_O;; I've seen girls do that when they workout but it's just a convenience thing for me.

LOL vertical pigtails? Hmm. I should try that sometime.

I use to let it stay loose until some time in High School I accidentally elbowed someone in the face while playing flag football... It happened because my hair got into my mouth & I had to reach to pull it out... Lucky the teacher was there before things could accidentally get serious...

Right now I just use this leather thing with a wooden stick to keep my hair back... Don't remember what it's called though.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Wonder what that is? Sounds cool..kinda like a Native American hairtie thing maybe. I have a couple of celtic symbolized hairtie (triangle shaped and circle attached on a normal ponytail holder) that I use to wear when my hair was really long. I wanted to get the Highlander ones but its been long gone so I couldn't get it.

My hair gets poofy and is very curly. It's a big mess if I let it loose, especially after the shower.

if I brush it straight down when its still wet I get less curl poof frizz :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

^ Yea it does help a little for me but my left side is really damaged because I was trying to straighten it with flat iron and kinda over did it and now hair breaks easily on that side if I comb it so I try to be careful when I brush it after the shower ^_^:

a cholesterol treatment 4 yer hair might help. Slather some mayonnaise in it and let it sit in there a few. Sounds gross, smells even worse, but its cheap and effective :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

a cholesterol treatment 4 yer hair might help. Slather some mayonnaise in it and let it sit in there a few. Sounds gross, smells even worse, but its cheap and effective :P
:picknose:Bringing a whole new meaning to "Miracle Whip"...

actually lady it doesnt smell that bad. theres a queen helene's cholesterol sold in the urban hair care section of most stores with a haircare section. its about $3 for a big jar of it. works really well for conditioning your hair, especially after putting it through massive damage...

it was the only thing that saved my hair after triple processing my hair to get the blue out.. (basically i bleached it 3 times in a row and i was lucky most of it didnt break off when i combed it after a shower) and my hair was all nice and healty-ish again after that to a point where i could actually comb it while it was wet ^^;;

....i'm a terribleeee person to my hair.... <_<;;;;

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

Thanks ladies for the tips. Interesting.

3 bleaches? Woah..I wanted to dye my hair light brown for some time but I don't wanna go through with bleaching even once since I know it's gonna kill my hair so bad. And since my hair is so dark it might come out purple or green for all I know.

My hair is still little short on sides about little over chin length so mostly I wear a hat and/or wear a ponytail whatever. Anyway what I do is I wear a high ponytail and then before the last loop I bend the ponytail in half and tuck it in..kinda looks like a ballerina hairbun y'know what I mean. I saw this one Prof wears same hairstyle as mine minus the hairpins since his hair is decently long. I wore it a couple times like this to school and no one said anything..yet. It's okay since I'm still trying to grow my hair out, right? It's barely noticeable..?

1TIE1.jpg

1TIE2.jpg

That looks pretty good. :tup:

Just don't stretch like a ballerina while elongating your neck or you might draw attention to it. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

3 bleaches? Woah..I wanted to dye my hair light brown for some time but I don't wanna go through with bleaching even once since I know it's gonna kill my hair so bad. And since my hair is so dark it might come out purple or green for all I know.

if you just wanted to use a box dye that would work :P you don't have to bleach your hair like i do. i just do that so i can get the bright funky colors. the only reason i do all of these terrible things is that i disobey directions most of the time and such to get more extreme results X'D

with a box dye it has all the steps included in a 1 or 2 step process (depending on the brand/kind you buy) usually its only 1 lol. you mix all the stuff together and the concoction does all the lightening and the dying all at once. you just follow the directions on the box and bam, coloring your hair is easy. and usually only takes 15-45minutes at most.

you might just need a second person to help you get it all through the back of you head.

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

removing the color from your hair is harder and more killer~ish then putting color in. If you really want to scale down to a brown you might have to go to a pro. Up here all of the quality stuff for dye/perm/etc requires the cos license to buy. Hairdressers get the best shit. I like the Logics line of color but there are other brands. Find a couple colors you want by brand name, makes it super easy for you and the hairdresser. Look for a salon that has been in business for a while that has had the same ppl working there a good while. Make sure they do a lot of color and perm stuff, that way you can be comfortable they know their chemicals and aren't going to fry yer hair. A salon not super cuts or a barber place. Follow the old ladies lol. When you pop in ask the receptionist if you need an appt for a color and how much it would cost to have this procedure done to your hair. They will also have the bestest shampoos for color treated hair there too :P If you tell the one who does your hair exactly what you want you'll get it. Be prepared to substitute a color with a different brands color in case they use one or the other. You and the stylist talk about what to do with your head before anything, they might want to give you a trim or layers or some shit before they put color in or highlights at the end of it all. You both should be on the same page what your hair will look like when its over.

yes... I've been listening to my sis a lot lately :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I'm not sure on this but I googled it before and they all said people with dark/black hair needed to bleach to make their hair orange/blonde first than apply the color you want or their dyed color won't last even if you tried the permanent one or get a distorted color from intended one. I tried permanent dye for my mustache a couple years ago and it burned like hell but the color faded after a couple of showers and face washing.

yep. your hair will have to have the color pigment stripped out first. If you're going for a med to dark brown they wont have to take yer current hair all the way down to super blond white.

take color out wash it dry it put color in rinse and style it

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I'm not sure on this but I googled it before and they all said people with dark/black hair needed to bleach to make their hair orange/blonde first than apply the color you want or their dyed color won't last even if you tried the permanent one or get a distorted color from intended one. I tried permanent dye for my mustache a couple years ago and it burned like hell but the color faded after a couple of showers and face washing.

Holy crap, you dyed your mustache!? O_O That must have really hurt like hell..

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

yep. your hair will have to have the color pigment stripped out first. If you're going for a med to dark brown they wont have to take yer current hair all the way down to super blond white.

take color out wash it dry it put color in rinse and style it

maybe i'll wait till my hair gets a bit longer ^_^;

Holy crap, you dyed your mustache!? O_O That must have really hurt like hell..

Yea it was. have you tried it? i was like counting down the mins waiting in tears thinking is it suppose to be this painful? LOL

i can't belive you dyed your mustache, you got guts ! in highschool i had long hair and women loved it (well, girls at the time) and i bunned it frequently. I always got compliments for it so I say keep with it ! although, i recommend keeping a bit of facial hair for contrast :)

"A Devil disguised as an Angel"

With your hair that dark, you'd have to bleach it before you dyed it. Won't turn it a funky color, just won't be noticable. *voice of experience*

And I don't think long hair on a guy is girly, or even a ponytail. Just as long as they take care of it and wash it and stuff. Do you use anything besides shampoo on it?

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

bartender: can't wear a bun in a correct form like other ppl do so it looks messy now since it got longer, so i try not to go out in public like that. and yea i have a soulpatch now but i've been called ma'am from afar with a ponytail but no mistake in close haha.

dubird: yea i thought so so i gave up on dyeing it. i don't use anything else other than a shampoo. my hair texture is oddly different than years before that it looks like it's thinning and a bit more curlier/frizzy..it doesn't look like healthy hair at all..-_- but luckily it still shows sign of growing and it's now chest length if i pull it down. i did trim once after this thread back in november last year but it didn't help that much

Sign in to follow this