Sign in to follow this  
Serena

Teething children

Hey everyone, I have a question for anyone with wee-ones....mine is now 6mos and has cut two teeth and is working on more. Short of going completely mad does anyone have advice on how to ease the pain for him? My son doesn't readily take passifires (I've tried putting some in the freezer for him when his teeth started to hurt), and really doesn't like it when I stick my finger in his mouth to apply baby origel... all ideas are more then welcome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I are me.

put a clean damp washcloth in the freezer for a bit (not frozen uber hard but stiff) and let him chew it.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Hm, alrighty...will have to borrow one from my mother-in-law....thought about doing something like that with one of his cloth diapers too. Then I realised it was far too big to be doing that with. BTW thanks for the reply Lady, really kinda goin' nuts with this right now...

I know how it goes....

*beats head off wall*

If you can get the poor thing somewhat pacified use that chance to swipe w/ baby oragel. you really gotta sneak attack w/ stuff that tastes bad... and be prepared for spitting and fit throwing.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Just a side note: Don't listen to those tales about rubbing whiskey on baby's gum to ease the pain. (I saw this on The Doctors) They have these all natural teething tablets that disolve under the tongue that worked wonders for my son. Hyland's teething tablets (or gel). You can find them at Walmart. They dissolve really quick so I suggest rubbing the tablet under the tongue untill it dissolves. They must not taste that bad because out cat got into the bottle somehow and ate a few (weird!) This worked very well for my son who is now a year and let me tell ya he was a tough one to make happy when he was teething. He hated the teething rings, or the cold rag in the freezer. Hopefully this helps. :) Good Luck~!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I wouldn't rub whisky in his mouth anyway...the stuff that's in the house is 24 yrs old and wicked rough! thanks for the infor HKofsesshomaru I'll see if I can't find some of those magic tablets...hopefully my boy will let me give it to him without bitting me or fighting too hard...

True I could, but all the ones I've seen lately say not to put them in the freezer...I guess they figure that refrigerated teething rings/toys are better.

Oh, I do have another question, could anyone tell me if his teeth are coming in too fast? He got two then almost the next week another one started to come in. My Father-in-law seems to think it's too fast...but I dunno, can anyone else tell me one way or another? (We would take him to a pediatrition but can't afford it atm)

every child develops a little bit differently, hits the mile stones at different times.

Sounds kinda lame but check out that Cafe Mom site. I'm sure ya can find people discussing their teething children over there. It might put yer mind at ease seeing others are going through it too.

PLEASE!!!!!

If ya don't have health insurance for the little guy see if you qualify for your states Child Health Plus program through medicade/ DSS. It covers doctor, dental, eye, emergency room and wellness checkups w yer regular ped, any ordered testing and covers Rx. Having no health insurance on a kid is like playing Russian roulette but having only 1 chamber missing the bullet. :faint: They get sick, break bones yada yada yada. Your counties DSS site should have the # for ya to call.

Do not brush his new teeth w fluoride toothpaste! At this point cleaning them with a washcloth will prolly be okay but if you want to start brushing pick up a kiddie non fluoride toothpaste. It will have little bear or something on the packaging. Swallowing fluoride toothpaste can make lil ones very sick. :(

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

/nod Yeah, we're in the process of getting health coverage for the three of us through the state atm. It'll prolly be next month before we hear anything tho. Cafe Mom? I'll have to look into it, but as stupid as it sounds I'm more comfortable asking stupid questions to faceless ppl I've interacted with before then new ones XD

lol I lasted a week at CafeMom before the stupid drove me away :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

^^

Well anyway, his fits seem to be getting worse...it's like seperation issues, teething and a need to be held 24/7 merged into some twisted rendition of the terrible twos or something o.0 and I think I need a vacation XD

Sign in to follow this