Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Obama declares swine flu national emergency

Order could speed up treatments by waiving certain medical standards

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has signed a proclamation declaring swine flu a national emergency, the White House said Saturday. The order gives his health chief the power to let hospitals move emergency rooms offsite to speed treatment and protect noninfected patients.Administration officials said the declaration was a pre-emptive move designed to make decisions easier when they need to be made. Officials said the move was not in response to any single development.

just out of curiosity how many people do you know that are sick right now? I got a sick kid that has missed weeks of school and the attendance office at the hs told me they have had a lot of people students and teachers out sick with flu symptoms. The flu (pick whichever one you want) is really starting to have a noticeable effect in our town. This place will be sickie village by December :frozen:
Flu illnesses are as widespread now as they are at the winter peak of normal flu seasons, Thomas Frieden, director for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told reporters. "To be basically in the peak of flu season in October is extremely unusual," he said. "We expect that influenza will occur in waves and we can't predict how high, how far or how long the wave will go or when the next will come," he added.

"Many millions" of Americans have had swine flu so far, according to an estimate he gave at a Friday press conference. The government doesn't test everyone to confirm swine flu so it doesn't have an exact count.

Frieden updated some other estimates, too, saying there have been more than 20,000 hospitalizations.

Nearly 100 swine flu deaths in children have been reported, CDC officials also said.

Forty-six states now have widespread flu activity. The only states without widespread flu are Connecticut, Hawaii, New Jersey and South Carolina. There are at least two different types of flu causing illnesses; tests from about 5,000 patients suggest that nearly all the flu cases are swine flu.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I don't know anyone that had swine flu, not even online. There's hype and scare about it, but in truth, if you take the same precautions with the regular flu, the chances of dying are actually less than the regular flu.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I know a few people that have had swin flu. There's really nothing to be worried about, it's a common Influenza flu virus that, if taken care of, will go away after a week or more. Obama is going over board when calling this particular strand of flu an epidemic. There are much worse things out there killing people then this. Not to mention this is flu season, people do get the flu :/.

PS. If you where born in the 50's and 60's your most likely immune or better protected against H1N1 and other influenza viruses. The reason being, there was a past epidemic and many of you where exposed to. Your body ended up making a natural immunity against it. You can learn more here [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlDjDAFW1Ck]YouTube - Swine Flu Vaccine: Will We Have A Choice?[/ame]

Edited by gokuDX7

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

it is not sick to death that is the problem with this flu

it is the interruption/loss of services ie medical, police, fire dept and other social services. If half the local hospital staff calls in sick for weeks/maybe even months as the flu sucker punches one person after another; services will be limited and/or interrupted. That is why medical personnel are first in line for the anti virals. They are trying to prevent doctors and nurses from becoming to sick to care for their dozens of clients. This strain is nasty enough to keep an individual laid up for over a week with unpleasant (and in some cases) life threatening symptoms. A prolonged fever can seriously fuck you up.

My family doc had a swine flu shot in the last outbreak, "it nearly killed me". He was quite pissed over being vaccinated this go round and the stabber didn't tell him about the injunction until after he was jabbed which made him more pissed cuz he didn't have to get it -_-; His advice is follow normal flu precautions and take care of yourself if you do get sick.

I think I already had H1N1 end of last winter. It was without a doubt the worst viral infection I've had since I was a kid. I felt like death warmed over. -_-; It lingered for about 2 weeks, I was pretty worthless for a week at least. I didn't drop dead but there was an interruption of services around here. I couldn't get up long enough to cook a meal or do dishes or any of the other things I need to do to take care of the fam.

That is the real ass kick with this virus, caregivers too sick to give the care.

H1N1 is as easily spread as a common flu but it isn't "common" the fucking shit was most likely made in a lab, probably dudes looking for a viable vaccine for bird flu. Human, avian and 2 swine flu's from different continents; possible to occur in nature naturally, yes. Possible it began in a factory farm from turning turning our pork supply into cannibals, yes. Probable it is naturally occurring flu mutation like the previos mentioned... give me a fuckin break -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

My mom knows a 7 year old kid with swine flu thats about to die. She personally thinks the kid had pre-existing condition(s) but the swine flu has been affecting her immune system so strongly that her other illnesses are killing her. The girl is hospitalized right now and the doctors have even paralyzed her on purpose to make her immune system stronger or something like that. wtf. O_O

From what I've read tho, the swine flu only affects a very small amount of people in a drastic way. But overall flu cases around where we live seem to be up quite a bit. Alot of people around here are sick with the flu, but the doctors don't issue any tests to confirm if its swine or regular flu tho. I think its mostly affecting young people tho.

The last flu I had was 2 winters ago. I was sick for a solid 2 weeks. I almost had to go to the hospital a couple times because my cough was so intense I could barely get a gasp of air before the cough spasms hit me again.

I don't know anyone that had swine flu, not even online. There's hype and scare about it, but in truth, if you take the same precautions with the regular flu, the chances of dying are actually less than the regular flu.

I have a feeling the swine flu is a bit more dangerous than the regular flu in terms of contagiousness and the random person it greatly affects.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

the first round of research showed it was ppl w/ some kind of other health issue that became fatally ill from H1N1

now their studies show it is previously healthy young people

the longer this shit is around the more they'll know

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

the first round of research showed it was ppl w/ some kind of other health issue that became fatally ill from H1N1

now their studies show it is previously healthy young people

the longer this shit is around the more they'll know

That or we'll all have to get mandatory shots that most likely will contain mercury...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

the only shot I will accept is a tetanus booster

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

http://www.otsegocounty.com/depts/doh/SwineFlu.htm

At this time, individuals in the following priority groups are recommended to receive the H1N1 flu vaccine:

• Pregnant women
  • Household contacts and caregivers for children younger than 6 months of age
  • Health care and emergency medical services workers
  • All people from 6 months through 24 years of age
  • Persons aged 25 through 64 years who have health conditions associated with higher risk of serious illness and medical complications from the flu.

Lucky me! I turned 25 Last year & have no health conditions.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I'm w RP a lot of vac's are bullshit ex: chicken pox

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this