Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Stargate Universe - Current episodes

*begins my own rant* :P

The show wants to badly emulate BSG, but it can't because its obviously being made to be yet another endless series. They probably figure that the show has enough initial hype to get it thru a first boring season in which minimal special effects are used and they try to showcase their acting talent. But I don't care for any of the actors because non of them are portraying their characters worth a sh*t to me... except that assholish black marine guy. I didn't like him at all in the first episode, but in the last couple episodes hes the only one that seems to take his military profession seriously and maintains his overall character while still expanding on it... hes the only character that got an actual emotion out of me, anger, but still emotional responses is what makes a character's worth.

btw, all those characters praying in that room should be thrown out an airlock. They all seem to be worthless and talentless. Why in the hell were all these non-scientists, 1st year piss-ass military and politan's daughters doing on a remote planet doing a scientific-never-before-accomplished experiment? As the one commander said: "They're all the wrong people." Well, that was the problem in SGA. All the wrong people. They have a ship that has unlimited potential, is completely self-sustaining and so much scientific crap, but 'all the wrong people.'

I have a feeling that this show will end up being nothing more than Survivor in space. If the ship is self-sustaining, then the show will focus only on all these idiots 'surviving' and if thats the case, then all the off-ship/world missions will be nothing more than the challenges.

And they're only doing random religion scenes because the cylons had religion in BSG.

>_< This show needs to focus on its originality and its base origins in stargate.

One thing I definitely like about this show over SGA is that there is no Sheperd idiot saying things like: "Jeez Teyla, I guess we should go save Atlantis from this infestation." *puts in more hair gell*

But then again, we got a guy who reminices about a old priest, his catholic school boy days and his adultery. But other than that, we have no idea what his character is because whatever scene his not f*cking in or 'about to die' in, he has no lines that contribute to his character.

And the guy that plays Rush, his acting seems good so far, but the writers don't utilize him like he should be (Daniel Jackson, Carter, Rodney).

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I think Rush and the lou diamond philips characters are my favorite in the series now. I bet dialing the gate while in a star would have worked, as long as all the systems were in operating order... But then again a stargate is easily frakked with by solar activity just like they showed in last nights episode.

Last nights "Time" episode was the most stargate like episode they have had so far, because it had scifi, another planet and no earth scenes. But the episode before that, and the upcoming episodes just don't look good to me. As it is, most of the episodes have been spending half the episode on earth using the communication stones.. and at the end of last night episode it sounded like everyone on destiny is only interested in taking leave on earth. Imagine if every single star trek the next generation episode spent half of every episode on the holodeck. I like emotional connections to the characters, but they are still doing way to much drama in this. And why is it that the senator's daughter has been able to use the stones at least twice already? Shes not a senator herself. Its like just because your mom or dad had political power, you are now above everyone else. wtf.

Why are they making the destiny military personal all pussys? It isn't a democracy on the ship, but the commander guy wants to take votes and see what everyone else thinks? f*ck all that. -_-

Last nights episode was the worst ever. x_x

You would think that if they did a communication stones episode, they'd focus on having scientists switching with the destiny people so that the scientists will be able to work on the ship. But I guess they keep letting people who don't mind if their bodies get stds while whoever switches with them has some fun. wtf.

And now it looks like everybody is getting a f*ck buddy either on the ship or off. O_O

I bet that next episode will have the marine with the pill issue flip out and kill someone. Gah. And then it'll be a mid-season break for probably 8 months. When they start this show back up, if any episode description says: "So and so use the communication stones", I'll be dropping this show. -_-;

Yeah, they won't air new episodes until April if I remember right. Can you believe they already renewed them for a second season even tho only 1/2 of the first season has even aired?

http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/syfy-renews-stargate-univ.php

Have you seen the movie District 9? Expect some insect-like district 9 aliens in stargate. -_- I wonder if the insect aliens will be able to use the communication stones so they can experience human love? -_-

imo watching that shitty show is a cruel punishment ...

sy fy got away w/ breaking up BSG seasons early on and have been playing the mid season bullshit ever since. after the way they treated bsg fans I have no internist in patronizing them unless Michio Kaku is involved.

SGU blows chunks. I think they got a bunch of idiots from Faux Noise to write these scripts. The writing is horrible and the cliches don't end. A monstrous disapointment but after SGA I'm so not suprised.

I was all about following Ron (and thus putting up w/ scyfy crap) through all of BSG but I have no interest in Caprica. I watched BSG for the war fighting deep characters and the human struggle to exist in the universe not Gaius humping 6 all the time. Caprica is what? A soap opera? I quit on that crap shortly after I got outta high school. Not interested yo.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I was talking about this show to a guy i know

what sucks is the lack of realism, there on an ancient ship yet they spend more time in the food hall and private quarters then discovering technology or trying to get some shred of control of the ship

best season end: Ship self destructs with the crew on board

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

the writers shot themselves in the foot from the get go when they created the cast of characters. They're the wrong people for this "mission" no shit. I wouldn't count on these idiots to guard a shopping mall let alone discover the mysteries of an ancient ship galaxies away. I'm amazed any of them can use a microwave. Its pathetic.

They need to do a big purge (killing time) and bring in characters that have a fuckin clue. Wont happen cuz the writers are unoriginal right wing nut craptastic soap opera obsessed incompetents.

The show sux

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

why such a shit long break, barly care about the show now

btw the SGU crew promise a cruel season cliffhanger

The mid-season break crap that started with BSG really pissed me off. In a way it made sense with BSG tho, they had a huge cast, shit loads of special effects and set designs, and with the writer strike it cause another mid-season break, etc.. It really pissed me off that a 4 season show took 7 years to film and air. I swore to myself then that I will never watch another show that has a mid-season break because I'm not about to waste anymore time watching re-runs of something just to get myself caught back up to a story they decided to drop for 7 months.

Now for SGU, a mid-season break makes no sense. The show focuses on only a hanful of characters, there is no special effects considering they only re-play the same shots of the ship from space, the sets aren't alien or other worldly because 90% of the show takes place on earth.. and there is no writer strike and none of these actors are known enough to need time off from the show for other projects. There is no need for a mid-season break. There is a huge need for all new writers and an all new cast tho. Until that happens, I'll pass on this shitty show. :P

least i know why it is SyFy not Sci-Fi

Communication stones do that and no sci fi explanation

why isnt anything explained at an intellectual level, even made up teams like they use in star trek would do,

and wtf is up with this personal politic shit

aliens almost wiped them out and all they do is bitch for control of the ship that they cant even use

you can see there trying to recreate the BSG human behaviour that were all selfish pigs even in the face of our annihilation, but just isn't working on such an isolated ship

sigpic1620_11.gif

I saw the commercial for the next ep. The same bitch who shoved all power and authority off on the military is now rebelling. gwah! stooopid!

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I watched part of the episode. Was there any explanation as to how the aliens picked up Rush off that planet? Or how the alien ship was able to track them with the communication stones? Or how the ship even caught up with the Destiny at all considering the Destiny went to FTL after leaving Rush on that planet and they must have had a huge lead on the alien ship considering the alien ship picked up Rush?

This show aggravates me to no end. So much scifi potential, but instead they focus on 'fuck stones' and stupid personal squabbles.

sorta

the ship on the plant was there's, he played with it and sent a beacon or something, they probed his mind and decided they wanted destiny.

why they abducted Chloe or how they found them, or why the communication stones swapped minds with an alien not earth was never explained

sigpic1620_11.gif

That sucks. btw, I read on the syfy forums that they'll be bringing in new characters from earth.

Supposedly, members of the Luxon alliance will somehow get to the Destiny and they will be the new members of Destiny. Supposedly they'll try to overthrow most of the military and civilians there, to gain control but my guess is that they will only blatantly rip off Star Trek Voyager with this move. If you remember voyager, most of the crew of voyager was a mixture of two crews, star fleet and some terrorist group, and voyager was in a completely different section of the galaxy trying to get back to earth. Now Destiny will be a mix of a crew of military, civilan and a 'evil' group that will all somehow work together to get back to earth... except unlike voyager, the destiny will be filled with pointless conversations, sex stone scenes and hardly any scifi.

:crap:

the civilians launch a coup in the next episode sealing off all the military personnel

i don't get is why?

why fight for control of this shitty mission?

rush and the HR person were both in on the plan to frame young for murder

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

Shows really picking up

looking forward to more episodes,

This show is in my top 4 of the week to watch

Supernatural (awesome series, one of the best on TV)

Vampire Diaries (what can i say, got to like the vampire thing)

Smallville (too stupid for words how long it is being dragged out for, but it is a super hero show so got to watch it)

And SGU, really blooming well

sigpic1620_11.gif

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      Ok, so we're 1 episode away from the finale. That will be released tomorrow. The first two episodes were basically Dick van dyke and I dream of Jeanie episodes. Very boring and made no sense. Third episode and the "tv reality" becomes colorized and things start to progress. Fourth episode gets better and 5th episodes and on the show is solid and extremely interesting and is true Marvel movie quality. By the 8th ep all the tv show stuff at the beginning of the series makes complete sense and the series is awesome. I'm expecting some huge battle for this finale and probably some giant reveal for the Doctor Strange 2 movie. Maybe we'll see some huge actor like Keanu Reeves show up as Mephisto or something like how we got that hint of Thanos at the end of the Avengers movie.
    • By Sledgstone
      The season finale just ended this past monday. I started this series and gave it a couple eps. I almost dropped it, but by the third ep shit started going down and I got sucked into the plot. This was a surprisingly great series with excellent acting. Its so refreshing to see a 1 off series like this. I don't think there is going to be a season 2 and if there is it would probably ruin the experience. This played out like an anime in a sense. It started and finished the entire plot. There was no filler episodes and everything tied in together. I hope this inspires AMC to make more stand alone short series. Hell, I wish more of america tv would follow this direction instead of endless reality shows or drawing out a series so long that it gets canceled without a finale. This show proves its possible for US tv to actually give us a story in a complete season. Well done AMC.  I can only compare this to Stephen King mini series, except better. Now I wish all those old Stephen King mini series were actually given the full season treatment like this.
    • By Sledgstone
      This is without a doubt the best thing I have seen on tv this entire year. 4 series in a massive justice league / captain America civil war style plot spanning 4 episodes and it was amazing. I really hope they make another crossover special next year. Superheroes versus the ultimate Nazis. The episodes are online if anyone wants to watch:
      http://m.cwtv.com/shows/crisis-on-earth-x/
    • By Sledgstone
      I loved this cartoon when i was a kid. The animation looks good, the music is great, the voice actors are a good match. I'll watch this.
    • By Sledgstone
      I watched the first 3 episodes of this tonight and I'm loving it so far. Unlike the movie where everyone is stuck in a grocery store, the bulk of the cast is trapped in a mall, while others are in a church or on the road trying to avoid getting killed. Spike has done a good job with this. Depending on how they treat this series it could be their own Walking Dead kind of show. No zombies needed here with the amount of monsters ready to kill everyone.