Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sledgstone

Highlander reboot

6 posts in this topic

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118008961.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Summit Entertainment has tapped Justin Lin to direct and Neal H. Moritz to produce its reboot of "Highlander," aiming at turning the fantasy actioner into a franchise.

Lin and Moritz teamed on "Fast and Furious," Universal's most successful title this year. Move comes a year after Summit acquired the "Highlander" remake rights from Davis-Panzer Prods. and assigned "Iron Man" scribes Art Marcum and Matt Holloway to pen the script.

Summit hasn't cast actors or set a start date for production, but it's clearly hoping that it can attract the "Highlander" fanbase, built up over the past two decades.

The orginal 1986 film was directed by Russell Mulcahy and starred Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery, Clancy Brown and Roxanne Hart. It launched four sequels and three TV spinoffs.

Longtime "Highlander" producer Peter Davis is also producing along with Moritz.

Summit plans to expand on the original "Highlander" premise of immortals hunting each other through the ages. The new pic will center on the immortal Scottish swordsman Connor MacLeod, who must confront a murderous barbarian who lusts for a fabled prize.

Lin's helming credits include "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" and "Better Luck Tomorrow." Moritz and his Original Film banner are producing the upcoming "Flash Gordon" and "The Green Hornet."

In addition to "Iron Man," Marcum and Holloway wrote "Convoy" for Par.

Summit's domestic distribution arm launched in 2007 and struck gold with "Twilight" last fall, with the second entry -- "New Moon" -- out in November, followed by the third next June. Summit focuses on projects budgeted in the middle range and plans to release 10-12 films annually.

Lin and Moritz are repped by CAA.

I liked the first and third highlander movies and the original series. But what will they reboot next, Hercules and Xena?

Kite likes this

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

Flash Gordon getting rebooted too O_O

nice find.

will probably be aimed at a younger audience,

sword fights with no blood............

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

They already tried fighting with no blood already lol..at the end of the Highlander series, Duncan was fighting with a metal stick. I think that's what made the Highlander franchise to end. And I plan to never watch Highlander the Source because I heard it was horrible. Last time I saw Adrian Paul was getting killed in Master and Commander without any lines.

I think Highlander should just be left alone. It'll never compensate for killing Richie for no reason anyway.

yougorelena.jpg

I download, not worth renting, The Source and it is the worst Highlander film to date XD I hated the whole alien thing that didn't fit in the second movie but this one is really fucked up. At first, when reading about it, it sounded like it could be a pretty good concept but they had to fuck it up pretty bad.

I would really love to see a reboot that works. I don't want some tween idol that looks like something out of gap commercial to play Connor in this new movie.