Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Leaping Robot Hops Closer to War

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/09/leaping-robot-hops-closer-to-war/

It’s one giant step for robots on the battlefield. Sandia National Laboratories in New Mexico has just released video of its leaping robot in action, showing the Precision Urban Hopper clearing a tall metal fence.

Funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the autonomous robot is designed to reduce military casualties by providing reconnaissance. The robot uses a powerful leg to help hurdle itself over tall barriers. Once completed, the four-wheeled robots will use its leg to hop more than more than 25 feet, says Jon Salton, the Sandia program manager

The Massachusetts-based company Boston Dynamics is under contract to build the leaping robot, which is set to be delivered in 2010.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29oUc8Czdic]YouTube - robot saltarin[/ame]

I was expecting to see something huge and legged walking like a man and jumping... but no. Watch the video! Damn that little thing can jump! X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Yes! I saw that episode. That thing is freakish.. Now imagine it jumping 25 feet in the air. That would be so awesome. O_O All they need to do is put a rifle on it and give it a canine face with steel jaws..

and then equip a usb slot to it.. :P

post-1-135551584538_thumb.jpg

Except keep it huge. :evil: Anyone would run for their lives if they saw something like that charging at them. :mwahaha:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Yes! I saw that episode. That thing is freakish.. Now imagine it jumping 25 feet in the air. That would be so awesome. O_O All they need to do is put a rifle on it and give it a canine face with steel jaws..

and then equip a usb slot to it.. :P

[ATTACH]771[/ATTACH]

Except keep it huge. :evil: Anyone would run for their lives if they saw something like that charging at them. :mwahaha:

seriously where can i buy that usb

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Sign in to follow this