Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Server change - Done!

We've decided to switch to a different hosting company to save on costs and server management time. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and there will be no major noticeable downtime or Twilight AC/site mirroring. :P Our domains will be moving to the new server probably sometime this weekend.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Thanks. It'll be nice not having to mess around with updating server software or tweaking settings. Of course theres a bigger chance of reliability issues on a different server, but this host has a 99.9% online guarantee. I'll be more concerned with server load issues myself but oh well. Ad revenues are down and this will save us about $30 a month in costs. *shrugs*

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      I placed an order for a new server. If you notice the site is shut down for a while, it is because of the server move. This could happen later tonight or tomorrow. I will update this topic once before the server move and again after it is done.
    • By Sledgstone
      On Tuesday 06/04/2013 @ 2:59AM EDT, the server will be offline for 1-3 hours due to a server move. To clarify, we are not moving to a new server. The actual physical server we are on is being moved to a new location in the data center.
    • By Sledgstone
      On Tuesday 06/04/2013 @ 2:59AM EDT, the server will be offline for 1-3 hours due to a server move. To clarify, we are not moving to a new server. The actual physical server we are on is being moved to a new location in the data center.
      Click here to view the article
    • By Sledgstone
      Kotaku has a good article about the new details revealed today about Valve's Steam Box, a PC dedicated to the steam platform for PC gaming:
      Wow. This could be huge. I honestly wouldn't mind owning a pc dedicated to steam games. Maybe with a steam box being mass produced we could get a powerful gaming PC at a decent price.
      Source: The Verge
    • By Sledgstone
      Kotaku has a good article about the new details revealed today about Valve's Steam Box, a PC dedicated to the steam platform for PC gaming:
      Wow. This could be huge. I honestly wouldn't mind owning a pc dedicated to steam games. Maybe with a steam box being mass produced we could get a powerful gaming PC at a decent price.
      Source: The Verge
      Click here to view the article