Kite

Lobo Live Action

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/09/02/guy-ritchie-to-direct-lobo-movie-still-targeting-pg-13-rating/

Not to be outdone by Disney's acquisition of Marvel Entertainment, DC Comics and Warner Bros. are rolling out some major announcements of their own this week—the latest involving the cigar-chomping, head-stomping antihero, Lobo. According to Variety, a "Lobo" movie is officially on the way with "Sherlock Holmes" helmer Guy Ritchie attached as director.

The film, said to be "strong on visual effects," depicts Lobo as "a seven-foot tall, blue-skinned, indestructible and heavily muscled anti-hero who drives a pimped out motorcycle, and lands on Earth in search of four fugitives who are bent on wreaking havoc. Lobo teams with a small town teenaged girl to stop the creatures."

While his attachment is surprising, we can't say that Ritchie didn't tease the possibility of "Lobo" earlier. The filmmaker previously hinted to MTV News that his next project would be set in a comic book world, though it wouldn't be "Sgt. Rock" as many had speculated.

"What I like is a world where you have major broad poetic license, whether its comic properties or whatever," he said at the time. "I like stepping into an animated world. Exactly how that animation manifests itself is secondary. The primary thing is to leave what we perceive as a normal world and depart into a '300'-type or 'Avatar'-esque. And that appeals to me. I like 'Sin City' and '300' and 'Watchmen.' I like departing from a normal world."

All of those movies that Ritchie mentioned boast decidedly dark premises, which isn't surprising considering his work on "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels." Still, the WB is aiming for a PG-13 rating for "Lobo," something that producer Joel Silver revealed a few short months ago.

"I think ['Lobo' is] structured now as a PG-13 movie," the producer said of the film's rating. "I think we've done it that way, but I love it.

While an R-rating would likely provide a truer-to-the-comics "Lobo," films like "The Dark Knight" proved that a comic book movie can test the boundaries of a PG-13 rating. With any luck, "Lobo" will be no different.

Do you think "Lobo" and Guy Ritchie are a good match? Are you concerned over the PG-13 rating? Who would you like to see play Lobo?

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

i think batista (WWE) could play lobo

... I don't think that's a good idea... WWE Films tend to tank.

To a certain extent I'd like to see them get the guy who played Lobo in...
Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

*replies to a 4 year old topic*

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/25056.html

Dwayne Johnson Off 'Lobo'

Dwayne Johnson, who reported he’d been cast to play Lobo last summer (see "The Rock Is Cooking Up Some 'Lobo'"), is no longer planning to play the role, he told MTV. "For a minute I was interested in it [Lobo], then it went away."

Brad Peyton, who’d worked with Johnson in Journey 2: Mysterious Island, was slated to direct the Lobo feature (see "New Director for 'Lobo'"); Johnson’s comments make it sound like that version of the Lobo movie is no longer moving forward. "...t kind of just went away," he said. "As things happen in Hollywood sometimes."
Peyton came on after Guy Ritchie, who’d been hired to direct in 2009, dropped out.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg