Sign in to follow this  
Myk JL

The Escapist's G.I. Joe Review

It's supposed to be terrible amongst old school GI Joe fans who fell in love with either the comic books or the tv series in the 80s ... but, not as bad as the Street Fighter movie. I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I'm going to in on Tuesday with high hopes. Everyone I've talked to has loved it and says its extremely entertaining (even some die hard G.I. Joe fans).

I'm old school G.I. Joe as I grew up watching the cartoon and playing with the action figures so I'm really looking forward to this. Everything I've seen on it has impressed me and I'm really only going to go for entertainment value, screw whether it's a good adaptation of the comic book/series.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

In my opinion its a G.I. Joe flick, I mean there is no actual story to base this off of. Remember the comic and animated series are based off the toy line which had no real story. Yeah, some of the characters back stories were changed from the comic/series but overall the character played their parts like you'd expect.

Quite frankly a lot of people will write this off as a action film that could of went by a different name with different organizations. I frankly think it lived up to the G.I. Joe name and spirit.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

saw it a few hours ago, i really liked it

heavy action, very good BG info for key characters via short flashbacks

it was GI-Joe

the under water base, the crazy tech, the jet pack

had it all

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I watched the GI Joe movie last night, and the CGI was terrible, felt like I was watching a program on Discovery and they were showing us what a dinosaur looked like after looking at the real life bones, and you see it walk or feed as part of amateur looking CGI. Some of the sequences felt like they were on fast forward, literally, story-wise during the sequences that is. Otherwise, the movie's a lotta fun. Strider, good call.

Some of the costumes sucked like Snake-eyes had a mouth? Storm Shadow's costume was just tacky. I'd have liked the characters to retain their accents from the tv series. Too much Scottish inconsistent blabber was lame, Baroness's hotness was lost in her tongue, and the biggest disappointment - Cobra Commander, where the frack was his evil hiss~y squeeling voice!? It's replaced by a hoarse masked voice, GHEY. What's worse was stupid audience comments throughout the movie who questioned stupid things like Snake-eyes' white suit in the snow "Hey, he's supposed to be black, wtf" I felt ... like ... my elbow, your face.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.