Sign in to follow this  
Tristan9480

FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood worth watching?

its gonna be similar to the first series for now up till the Hughes part then itll start to be different...the original series deviated away from the manga after that part

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

As Epples said, it's similar up until the Hughes point (which, like the last one, I refuse to watch the episode it happens in). It starts to deviate from there. I haven't read the manga myself but I'm enjoying this series more then the first one, a lot darker and more interesting.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I thought it was utter crap until they got past the summary episodes. Now it's pretty good. The pace is a lot slower which is a lot better then the beginning. As for saying it's better then season 1....its really hard to compair now since they're both diffrent story's.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

^ agreed about the initial episodes being a bit un-interesting ... I still think it's a big "EEEHHH" (part because of high expectations I guess) because I don't like the animation or the music, both factors that I loved in the older series. Guess, I'll wait and see ...

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

^ agreed about the initial episodes being a bit un-interesting ... I still think it's a big "EEEHHH" (part because of high expectations I guess) because I don't like the animation or the music, both factors that I loved in the older series. Guess, I'll wait and see ...

The second OP isn't too bad. The ED still sucks though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdWEDiGqFDE]YouTube - Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood opening 2 hologram full[/ame]

sig.php

That was like episode 7 or 8 so we're a few eps past it already (not sure, I'd actually have to go back and re-watch it).

I'm actually enjoying the music in this one then the last one. First op is awesome (and constantly on my playlist on both my computer and mp3 player), second op is relatively ok (not READY, STEADY, GO but still good), and the second ending is actually quite nice. Only song I haven't liked is the first ending, that song sucked.

Yeah the opening songs are okay, but I'm referring to the actual music theme (during the episode) of the series. The old series had these cool WWar kinda sounding themes, with the depressing, cold/ fighting/ uplifting themes which were superb. On the new series, I'm not getting any of it.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Music sounds exactly the same to me, nothing much different (same dark and depressing undertones). Then again I haven't watched the original series in like two years nor have I listened to the soundtracks in about that long (thats the problem with having as much music as I do, you forget what music you have)

As Epples said, it's similar up until the Hughes point (which, like the last one, I refuse to watch the episode it happens in).

why?

hughes was exposed 20 epiosdes in the last one so i can understand how it's sad to see him go but this one he barely appears like 2 episodes that you aren't even gonna care if he dies or not unless you don't like him. they tried to cram his personality all at once in a few episodes that not only was he annoying but he seemed to appear a bit creepy/perverted when it came to love for any children.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

Because of his daughter. The whole thing with her crying because her daddy won't be able to go to work is really emotional and I cry everytime I see it. Seeing a child lose their parent is hard and the creators of both series did a good job portraying her feelings. Sure he didn't have much screen time in this series but I still like his character. He's actually my favorite character out of the entire series with the exception of Scar (who I'm not actually liking in this series).

Because of his daughter. The whole thing with her crying because her daddy won't be able to go to work is really emotional and I cry everytime I see it. Seeing a child lose their parent is hard and the creators of both series did a good job portraying her feelings. Sure he didn't have much screen time in this series but I still like his character. He's actually my favorite character out of the entire series with the exception of Scar (who I'm not actually liking in this series).

That scene was so depressing. :(

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

ah okay. the only thing that made me depressed/sad on both series was what happened to nina, at least that bastard tucker was killed right away in this series.

i actually like scar on this series but didn't like him in older one. he seems more dangerous and more disturbed. vise versa i liked Hughes on older series but i can't seem to like this guy in this series.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

why?

hughes was exposed 20 epiosdes in the last one so i can understand how it's sad to see him go but this one he barely appears like 2 episodes that you aren't even gonna care if he dies or not unless you don't like him. they tried to cram his personality all at once in a few episodes that not only was he annoying but he seemed to appear a bit creepy/perverted when it came to love for any children.

I agree with you. That's why I commented on how the whole beginning was utter crap. The funny thing is all the manga readers on MAL have been swearing by how perfect the anime has followed the manga so far and how great it is that they're not adding any "fillers". Apparently all those episodes we had in the first season that built up Hughes's character where fillers. I think that's why I liked the first season more, the fillers actually added to the story and made it more clear. The beginning of this series and the manga is just a rushed cluster fuck that feels like one big summary (which it basically is).

sig.php