http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/news.phtml/25794/halo-legends-anime-series-announced.phtml

Microsoft has announced it has teamed up with top Japanese anime studios to create a collection of original short films that it says will take the Halo franchise "to new frontiers".

"Halo Legends" will bring the Halo franchise and its sci-fi saga to an entirely new medium, in the form of several original anime short films.

The short stories will explore different times, themes and characters from the Halo universe and will be distributed globally by Warner Home Video with release and distribution plans to be revealed soon.

In the meantime, Xbox 360 gamers can look out for previews on Xbox LIVE in the autumn with a new experience called "Halo Waypoint" due to bring Halo news, podcasts, trailers, screenshots and exclusive video footage.

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

:huh:

How can Spartan 117 even be considered for an Anime?... He's never seen with his helmet off & even then he doesn't really emote...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I.....don't know if I should be excited or scared. Some of the novels are pretty good, so there's potential, but it would probally depend on who's actually going to write it.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

:huh:

How can Spartan 117 even be considered for an Anime?... He's never seen with his helmet off & even then he doesn't really emote...

They'll probably make him bob his head all over the place while he talks to emphasize his words... like the power rangers...

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

They'll probably make him bob his head all over the place while he talks to emphasize his words... like the power rangers...
Hmm... RVB does that... I still can't picture Spartan 117 in an Anime though.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Hmm... RVB does that... I still can't picture Spartan 117 in an Anime though.

I imagine he'll be used a bit like a mecha suit, from any of a number of series. I also predict a moe-blob cortana.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/1479-Halo-Legends

Although a less than decent review still worth watching. Movie Bob definitely needs to watch RvB.

I'd give Halo Legends a "4.5"...

Quite frankly almost anything that Legends could do to "offend Halo Fans" has already been done by RvB & RvB is awesome.

The guy(s) who voice Master Chief in Legends are not the guy who voices him in the video games, but that guy can't emote vocally so it's no big loss.

The only thing I really hold Legends back on is the lack of emphasis on the dangers that are Halo & religious nut bars that want to turn them on. Then again that was covered by all the good parts of Halo 2 that mainly followed The Arbiter.

Even though I liked them all my favorite short in Legends (like Halo 2) followed The Arbiter.

*resurrects 5 year old topic* XD

From my perspective.. I have never played a halo game or know anything about it's story. I watched this anime yesterday and even tho it wasn't that great. In less than 2 hours I got a story that was far more compelling than anything I experienced in over 100 hours of Destiny gameplay. Bungie was capable of creating lore like this at one point and watching this emphasizes how bad they dropped the ball on Destiny in comparison to Halo.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Well according to that article, they did have a compelling story... it just got butchered because the execs didn't like it, and the story writer got fired half way through. Something is wrong with Bugnie, and I don't know if they will recover from it after learning the truth behind Destiny.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

*resurrects 5 year old topic* XD

From my perspective.. I have never played a halo game or know anything about it's story. I watched this anime yesterday and even tho it wasn't that great. In less than 2 hours I got a story that was far more compelling than anything I experienced in over 100 hours of Destiny gameplay. Bungie was capable of creating lore like this at one point and watching this emphasizes how bad they dropped the ball on Destiny in comparison to Halo.

And sadly that story is so full of plot holes and conundrums it isn't even funny. Sadly some of the stories aren't considered canon for the universe (yes, huge Halo nerd here). Origins is up in the air as no one knows if it was true or not (which most of it was proven wrong due to the Halo 4 storyline) due to Cortana's rampancy. Odd One Out is complete fiction (though sadly my favorite episode since it's over the top and completely ridiculous). The others are canon for the most part.

I'm starting to think Bungie has given up at even trying to make another good game. Destiny had potential and then they went and canned their head story writer, butchered his pretty awesome story premise, and gave us a hodgepodge piece of shit that was far from complete. Sure they've fixed a lot of the issues Year 1 Destiny had (I've actually considered going back because from what I've seen in streams has me extremely interested in the game again but I have to many other games to play atm so it's not going to happen anytime soon) but the game is still suffering from a poorly written story and shitty game mechanics that only get worse everytime they try to rebalance the game. Bungie was once a force to be reckoned with but I think loosing the Halo franchise took whatever drive they had away from them. Well that and Activision being Activision.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

While rebalancing can be good, DICE is the only company can seem to do it correctly. Thats possibly because so many variables go into their game mechanics, and the attention to detail put into the core of the game makes it possible.

Autorifles are king in just about every FPS... its just the way it is. Its the reason they are what every military uses in combat as their main infantry weapon. Its great at all ranges, and is the ultimate multipurpose weapon system. When this happened in Destiny, Bungie nerfed ARs so hard that practically NO ONE uses them even in PvE because they were so shit compared to HC and shotguns... naturally these took the AR's place in crucible because the maps are generally small and hardly ever wide open.... so shotguns get nerfed, HC gets nerfed, and Pulse Rifles like Red Death, The Messenger, and its successors in Y2 take its place as king.... People are always going to gravitate to what they feel is the most powerful weapon/easiest way to get kills. Nerfing ARs to uselessness is never the answer.

Balancing is mishandled by just about everyone these days due to a loud minority of QQers in games that get mad at something that kills them a lot... instead of learning how to counter it, they just want it nerfed now. I see it in Guild Wars, I see it in FPS games, I see it everywhere. My first really bad experience with a nerf that killed the game for me was the FAL nerf in BO2... I've talked about it enough not to go into it again. The work that had to be put into getting that gun to where it was, was no easy feat, and to have that hard work taken away was demoralizing. It wasn't an exploit like the SUPER OP Models from MW2 that were justifiably nerfed... it was just a damn good gun that was crazy deadly in the right hands. The community isn't always right about nerfs, but sadly those that can spend time on a reddit or forum and rally people to their cause can change a game for the worse... and I blame the business model of gaming for that. They want their playerbase to buy DLC, so they are going to be more willing to bend to the loudest voice.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

DICE actually take the time to make sure they're balancing actually works with the current model of their game which is why they do it right. They actually test it in house and then when they're happy with it they launch it in CTE to allow us to test it. If we're not happy with it then they take it back and re-work it until both of us are happy. A lot of companies aren't going to take this approach because not only is it a money sink it's a waste of time to appeal to the community as a whole when they can just cater to the vocal majority. This is why DICE has such a huge and loyal fan base, they're willing to spend that extra time and money to make sure their games meet their community's standards (as well as their own). Hell they created an entire map based off of our input and feedback, I know of very few companies that are even willing to do that. Sadly I wish they'd listen to their Battlefront community and fix the current issues the game is facing (the most prominent one being lack of squads).

I'm not even going to touch the Destiny gun nerfs because I'm still royally pissed about them. I honestly don't know what Bungie was thinking. Take the guns that reign supreme in Crucible and nerf the hell out of them, buff guns that suck to make them better, rinse and repeat. They're just shooting themselves in the foot every time they rebalance the game its not even funny. The extremely sad thing about it is their are still people out there who think everything Bungie does with Destiny is the right thing to do (ProfessorBroman being one of their biggest supporters, they guy pretty much has his nose lodged so far up their asses that it's not even funny (I still watch and support him though because he's a pretty funny guys and I get hours of laughter out of watching his stream, even if I don't play Destiny anymore)).

Balancing is a problem that's going to plague us until games die out or evolve from what they currently are. I'm still pissed to this day by what Blizzard did to the Paladin Class in vanilla WoW. They took one of the most balanced and awesome classes the game had in beta and shoved the nerf bat up their asses so far the class was unplayable when vanilla WoW released. Hell, as far as I understand it, the class is still pretty much fucked. This was all due to the fact that a bunch of 12 year old whiners (yea stereotyping here) complained to Blizzard that the Paladin was OP and could steamroll any class yet if they'd of just taken the time and rolled a low level Paladin they'd of learned just how easy it was to actually kill one. Yea, I'm still a little but hurt about that one and I quit playing WoW years ago. The community will never be right about nerfs mostly because it takes one person to bring up a semi-valid point for everyone who has a stick up their ass about something to jump on the nerf-train. Those of us who actually crunch the numbers and look at the game from an intelligent viewpoint will never be heard because our nerfs will help fix the game, not make it easier for them to play the game they want to.

On a side note I love how we derail topics around here. I can't remember the last time we actually kept a topic on track XD

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589