Sign in to follow this  
Kite

Slim Line ps3 in the works?

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=19122

If this is true then they will want an x-mas release for maximum sales,

given the price of the ps3, it is unlikely people will rush out to buy a slim line of a console that is straggling being the 360

wont this be like the 5th model of the ps3 being released

/facepalm

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I really doubt the slim model will be much less then the original model, remember there's a lot of expensive hardware in the PS3 unless they plan a stripping most of it and just making a stripped out version.

Plus it's rather idiotic. If they really think a slim PS3 will sell better they've got problems (I mean they already pissed me off by taking out backwards compatibility in the newer models, turned me away from buying one (and I really want one for Heavy Rain when it comes out)).

Of course thats all if this ends up being true or not. Great thing about gaming news is a lot of it is theory's and he said/she said scenarios until actual proof is given.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I thought the rumor was that Sony was finally able to make cheaper parts for what would be there new PS3 Slim. Although once I read PS3 Slim has 120GB & I decided to finally get the 160GB Version.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Could be, I quit following the system after backwards compatibility was taken out and I realized I'll never be able to afford one. Either way they most likely won't make to much of a profit off a slim version. Only time will tell though, the rumor needs to be confirmed first before speculation can really begin on what Sony plans to do with it.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Sony made a slim ps1 and ps2

and the slim ps2 was considerable popular, then again it's pricd tag was far lower, and we weren't in a recession

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I mean they already pissed me off by taking out backwards compatibility in the newer models, turned me away from buying one ...

http://kotaku.com/5304117/sony-patents-method-to-emulate-ps2-on-ps3

--

On the subject of PS3 in general. I really don't think there is going to be a price cut anytime soon. The PS3 just has too much expensive stuff in it. But hat's not exactly a horrible thing. I have one and I love it to death (I'll note that I have an HDTV so i can reap all of the benefits of owning a blu-ray player though)

I have a theory that the slimline might actually be a 'budget model' with a lot of the bells and whistles taken out. but who knows.

If the standard PS3 sees a price drop, I'd actually worry about the quality of the machine. Can anyone say RROD?