Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Music/ Chat handle programs

Hi guys ... what programs do you use to listen to music and for chat?

Music - I used to be ok with just the WMP, but I had a hard time playing FLAC files on there, so I had to get Winamp after 2 years of having Chii. Winamp is kinda sluggish in some parts, but I can't complain I guess.

Chat - I used to use Trillian which basically has AIM/ MSN/ YAH/ ICQ in 1 platform, but the problem I faced was it didn't deliver offline messages to YAH or AIM, alternatively. So, I kept Trillian at work, and sign up on AIM at home. Barely use MSN or YAH, but do occassionally. Any cool program suggestions that come with great skins?

I see some computers with really cool skins for music/ chat ... help me overhaul the look of my desktop :hypnotise:

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

January 20 is my favorite Winamp skin. It's nice and clean and comes with TONS of color combos. Plus, it shrinks down to a small window that you can work around with no trouble.

I still use Trillian, but I don't bother with skinning it. I can't find one I like, and I've been too lazy to make my own. ^^;

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Win med play or iTunes depending

Trillian for chat

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I use Winamp (with a very lovely Macross Frontier skin) for music when I'm not using Pandora or Last.fm for recommendations for new music (not that I don't have enough to listen too already). Used to use WMP but with it's lack of support for FLAC and other lossless formats I went back to Winamp (originally used it but stopped for some reason).

As for chat programs I use Trillian for yahoo and AIM. I also use Windows Live because I'm not to hip on the MSN plug-in that comes with Trillian (just don't like my MSN contacts in that window, confuses the crap out of me sometimes when I have friends that use all three programs). Don't bother skinning Trillian since I never have the window up to see who's on (hey, I'm only logged in when I sleep so I see no reason in seeing who's on. This explains the reason I never respond when you guys message me (sorry GG and Eppy, I miss out on a lot of convo's with you guys because of this)) so I never have to look at the skin.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Winamp and Trillian Astra...also use Xfire too for gaming...you guys should try out the Astra beta going on its a pretty nice program also havent noticed as much CPU usage with it too when it loads also

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link