Sign in to follow this  
Kite

Is it time to get vista?

Well, it's a major resource hog, much more than XP, it's got a great deal of Microsoft sanctioned spyware, it's not as stable as XP was when it was new, and it just an all around pain in the ass. It's kinda like Windows ME was to 98. XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

It's actually not a resource hog it just preloads the most current used programs into ram so the next time you start them they load right up. The problem is you cant turn it off and it doesn't play nice with games that constantly get updates. When something gets updates Vista has to reload it into ram and reprioritize which programs should stay loaded in ram...etc.

Most of the issues Vista had have been fixed, but regardless I'd say wait till Windows 7. I've been using the beta for a few months now and so far I like what I see. They've stripped out a lot of the crap that wasn't needed and also fine turned features to work in a less annoying way. UAC for example no longer bombards you with "are you sure you want to run this program?" popups when you first run a new program. Memory use has been optomized A LOT. Windows 7 requires far less ram then Vista does. It's also changed the user interface to look similar to Linux's KDE user interface.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^