Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Your Monitor's screen resolution? and Standard or Widescreen?

What is your monitor's screen resolution set at? And is your monitor old school and square or sleek and widescreen?

Lady's laptop is a widescreen, but the other computers in the house all have big crt square monitors and we have them set at 1280x800 or larger.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

from the left to the right 1600x1200, 1440x900, 1440x900 first is CRT the other 2 are LCD

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

The higher the resolution, the smaller things get on the desktop, right? Like Icons n such ...

Now, if you're connecting it to your TV set, you'd have to adjust it so as to fit the TV screen right, correct? Or is my understanding wrong hehe ...

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

im got a 9600 GT 512mb ddr3 graphics card today, bow i need to buy a new PSU to get it to work :_:

will the graphic card effect the resolution (currently have a 7600gt 256mb)

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

The higher the resolution, the smaller things get on the desktop, right? Like Icons n such ...

Now, if you're connecting it to your TV set, you'd have to adjust it so as to fit the TV screen right, correct? Or is my understanding wrong hehe ...

Depends on the connection you use to your tv. If you use s-video cable you'll probably have to have it set no higher than 640x480 and then adjust the picture settings with a program.

If its a vga monitor cable, then your hdtv should tell you what setting to set the resolution and refresh rate to in your tv manuel. Mine is like 1600x something I think.

im got a 9600 GT 512mb ddr3 graphics card today, bow i need to buy a new PSU to get it to work :_:

will the graphic card effect the resolution (currently have a 7600gt 256mb)

Usually its the monitor that affects the resolution. You can have a really decent graphics card, but unless you hook it up to a larger monitor or a monitor that can support higher resolutions and refresh rates, it will probably look like crap.

http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/graphiccards/9series/9600GT.aspx

Thats what you got right?

Two dual-link DVI outputs support two 2560x1600 resolution displays

You can run two monitors with crazy huge resolution. O_O LCDs or HDTVs should have DVI connections, if not get a dvi to vga adapater or a dvi to hdmi adapater.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Oouuu ... I sees ... when I connect the VGA to the laptop, and click on 2 screens suddenly I'm given options for higher resolutions beyond 1280x800 ... and I tried all of them, but they come out squinted on the screen on overblown, the one that fits perfect is the 1280x800 X'D

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.