Sign in to follow this  
slippers

Do you think Man Vs Wild is fake?

You have Bear Grylls eat a dead zebra or live frog/snake/fish or drink "juice" from elephant/camel poop or even eat a fruit straight from rhino poop or what have you

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trpWNZJxRZc]YouTube - zebra eat by bear grylls[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRTIkj5HF90]YouTube - Man vs. Wild: Bear Grylls Eats a Fish[/ame]

[nomedia=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q97hBJ7alKI]YouTube - Bear Grylls Eats Shit[/nomedia]

Then there's a couple dies from eating live snails once

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwnlCLzY16g]YouTube - 1000 Ways to Die - Brain Worms #622[/ame]

And I've seen a guy on discovery channel getting skin parasites just by sleeping next to an elephant poop or gets a tape worm by eating a poorly cooked river fish and I'm sure reptiles are full of salmonella and sh*t

So is he just lucky or how can he survive all the crap (literally) he's been eating?

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

It is partially fake because he sleeps in a hotel. Ever since it was discovered, the show sorta admits to it at the beginning of each episode. However, he does eat and drink all of that stuff, and does suffer from dysentery a lot of the times. He talks about getting diarrhea just about every episode i've seen. While he has a full medical staff on standby and isn't really alone out in the wild, he does bring some good tips on how to survive if you're disparate. I mean if elephant shit is all that's around, it'll by you a little more time than dehydrating to death, you just have to pay the price of parasites.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The guy must get giardia a lot from strange water. Thats why he's shittin like a goose. >.<

Colonization of the gut results in inflammation and villous atrophy, reducing the gut's absorptive capability. In humans, infection is symptomatic only about 50% of the time, and protocol for treating asymptomatic individuals is controversial.[3] Symptoms of infection include (in order of frequency) diarrhea, malaise, excessive gas (often flatulence or a foul or sulphuric-tasting belch, which has been known to be so nauseating in taste that it can cause the infected person to vomit), steatorrhoea (pale, foul smelling, greasy stools), epigastric pain, bloating, nausea, diminished interest in food, possible (but rare) vomiting which is often violent, and weight loss.[3] Pus, mucus and blood are not commonly present in the stool. It usually causes "explosive diarrhea" and while unpleasant, is not fatal. In healthy individuals, the condition is usually self-limiting, although the infection can be prolonged in patients who are immunocompromised, or who have decreased gastric acid secretion.[3]

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Diarrhea and vomiting make you more dehydrated so it defeats the purpose of trying to survive as he tries to display it. He pours bottled water into that rhino poop to find the half digested fruit for nutrition for Pete's sake LOL. I think he's a fraud and not to be taken seriously.

I don't want to get violently ill and die a painful death, as if dehydration alone isn't bad enough. He probably did some damage to his organs too. He is crazy if he really eats all that shit.

Diarrhea and vomiting make you more dehydrated so it defeats the purpose of trying to survive as he tries to display it. He pours bottled water into that rhino poop to find the half digested fruit for nutrition for Pete's sake LOL. I think he's a fraud and not to be taken seriously.

I don't want to get violently ill and die a painful death, as if dehydration alone isn't bad enough. He probably did some damage to his organs too. He is crazy if he really eats all that shit.

It does, but if you had the choice of dying from dehydration within the next 30 minutes, or drinking elephant shit juice and surviving a few more hours before diarrhea finishes you off, what would you choose? within those hours you could find a fresh water source that could replenish you for just a bit longer, until you fountain out shit again, someone by some miracle might find you. I guess it just depends on your will to survive.

He's former SAS so he definitely isn't a fraud. Hell he climbed Mount Everest. On the same token, he has way more skills and is a lot more physically fit than the average joe. most people couldn't do a lot of the stuff he does on the show because they physically can't.

Whatever the case, I think its good entertainment.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I don't trust him with my life or whatever his aim was at to educate or entertain his audience. He just doesn't sound like an expert or doesn't seem to know what he is doing, despite his resume, like he has a tool to cut the thick ice and catch a fish, great, but then he says he is too hungry to start the fire and that he needs to kill a fish by snapping its spine with his mouth. Why? Not only it's dangerous and harmful to your body that's unnecessary since all he had to do is wait until the fish stops breathing or hit its head on the rock. There are other questionable actions he does by wasting the clean water to dig out fruit from poo. That's just a waste of good water that you need to survive than quenching the hunger.

On the other hand I watched survivorman for 5 mins and he makes a lot more sense than that guy. The survivorman survived 7 days on the mountain all by himself without anyone around him, eating only mushrooms and some plants. That's more genuine and realistic than acting like a crazy guy eating just about anything without any caution acting melodramatic. It's like choose between poison ivy or poo juice in your final moments. Neither one will be sitting next to you and wait for you to take it anyway. Poo will dry up fast in that desert heat and it's unlikely that you'll find it even if you are desperate. I'd rather take my chances and go in peace with clean bottoms lol. But yea he definitely isn't normal..fit or not.