Sign in to follow this  
pinkblondi

How to stop staring at my laptop screen?

Hi, I just have one wish, to unplug from the web and come back into the real life! Where is my blue pill?I'm a 21 years old massagist from NY, and when I come back after work, tiered from standing all day long, I just turn on my laptop, and suddenly, it's 2 am. How do you manage to keep your offline life, when you have a pc at home?My obssesion is icq, blogs, myspace and any web place where you can meet interesting people. Forums are new to me, but I thought to give it a try.ps: I'm a total newbee at forums, so I'm sorry if posted in the wrong place, just got here and saw this one.. Please be kind to show me the right place where you can just talk with people.

pinky blondi

you're in the right place

welcome to ac :hi:

if you're showing signs of fatigue and what not from being up late on the computer...

if its a matter of losing track of time try keeping a timer handy, a clock that will chime off on the hours might help keep you aware of the passage of time. TV on in the background can help keep time in its proper context (1/2 hour and hour programs). Setting personal expectations and limits can help, prioritize what it is you need to get done online; take care of the time consuming stuff first then consciously decide if you have time to play or if you need sleep :huh:

If its insomnia ya can pill it up for a few weeks until you've got your body clock on a more manageable schedule. If you don't want something rx like Ambien there's Advil pm and whatnot.

yes yes we know all about being internet junkies here :blush3:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

you came to a good place :sway: welcome aboard.

lady has some good advice there. try to plan out your play time on the computer a bit. maybe set an alarm clock in the room somewhere to let you know when it's definitely time to stop and do something else to start off. other than that i'd just follow lady ^_^ hope you find something that works for you :)

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

Welcome to AC! :wave:

Whenever I sit at a computer at night time, I usually loose all track of time. So, I force myself to get off the computer by 11:30 and lay down in bed. I usually pass out in 15 minutes. O_O; Its like I trained my internal clock after all these years.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg